Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Who The Hell Is This Guy?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

Who The Hell Is This Guy?

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:40 pm

And why is he on my TV during the Super Bowl Halftime Show?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

RayQix

Re: Who The Hell Is This Guy?

Post by RayQix » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:45 pm

We aren’t sure..... other than he’s current “pop music” I guess.

It isn’t Janet & JT.... no b@@bs

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:04 pm

They tried to get Grand Funk Railroad but they are mostly dead now.

Time to realize that the NFL no longer caters to only old white guys.

FYI it's DeBarge's nephew.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:23 pm

Weeknd is awesome. Very talented.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:36 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:04 pm

Evidently Tom Brady didn't get the memo!

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:38 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:36 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:04 pm
Evidently Tom Brady didn't get the memo!
The advertisers have. Who is more important?

https://www.sportindustry.biz/features/ ... -audiences

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:59 pm

I guess Ray and I aren't the only ones...

https://okmagazine.com/p/the-weeknd-fac ... d-reviews/

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:20 pm

Heaven forbid someone have an opinion or not know about a musical artist that might be contrary to the TCT Agenda©

In the TCT warped view of the world, no one is allowed any personal preferences unless they have previously been approved as 100% politically correct in his eyes.

Exhibit A of what a sad world this has become.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:26 pm

My wife thinks Michael Buble' would have been an excellent choice. Last I checked, he's still alive.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:45 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:59 pm

Ouch.

I listened to a couple of his songs online. He sounds like everybody else... but he’s got the random disjointed fucks sprinkled in there. If you’re gonna swear then make it mean something...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:08 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:20 pm
Heaven forbid someone have an opinion or not know about a musical artist that might be contrary to the TCT Agenda©

In the TCT warped view of the world, no one is allowed any personal preferences unless they have previously been approved as 100% politically correct in his eyes.

Exhibit A of what a sad world this has become.
Are we now just trolling? Because that's what the board is missing, a new troll.

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:10 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:45 pm
Bryce wrote:

Ouch.

I listened to a couple of his songs online. He sounds like everybody else... but he’s got the random disjointed fucks sprinkled in there. If you’re gonna swear then make it mean something...
Back to my original comment, the advertisers are looking for a more diverse audience than older than 40 white men. The NFL has been working quite hard to widen its appeal so it doesn't end up like NASCAR.

This has been going on for the entire season I don't see why any football fan is particularly surprised they picked an artist that resonates better with Gen y and z then with Gen x or the Boomer crowd.

Weeknd spent more than 7 million dollars of his own money on that production. The sound design was marginal, the energy level was not comparable to some of the other artists that the NFL has had. But if you look at his draw and appeal you understand why the NFL went this direction. Pepsi had a very big say in selecting Weeknd.
Last edited by TC Talks on Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:12 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:10 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:45 pm
Bryce wrote:

Ouch.

Back to my original comment, the advertisers are looking for a more diverse audience than older than 40 white men. The NFL has been working quite hard to widen its appeal so it doesn't end up like NASCAR.

This has been going on for the entire season I don't see why any football fan is particularly surprised they picked an artist that resonates better with Gen y and z then with Gen x or the Boomer crowd.
Well of course they are going to go younger. I’m just lamenting how much the guy sucks is all. But I like fast paced music. Slow music makes me look at my watch.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:15 pm

I honestly haven't been impressed with very many halftime shows.

Lady Gaga jumping off the top of the building was impressive, Britney Spears and Aerosmith was kind of cool. I think I remember U2 sometime back.

I guess over the top theatrics don't really resonate with me.

― Noam Chomsky

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:11 pm

Prince was far and away the best. Even God agrees. It started pouring when he played the first few chords of Purple Rain.

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic