Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Who The Hell Is This Guy?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Matt

Re: Who The Hell Is This Guy?

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:23 pm

The performance was sponsored by Pepsi, but the performer is known to prefer coke.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:32 pm

I’m just saying I don’t think he’s good or bad...

Not my preference but that’s okay.

I was only watching for the paid ads anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:48 pm

:rollin
Matt wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:23 pm
The performance was sponsored by Pepsi, but the performer is known to prefer coke.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:56 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:48 pm
:rollin
Matt wrote:
And Meth, Heroin, MDMA, Acid....

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:20 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:11 pm
Prince was far and away the best. Even God agrees. It started pouring when he played the first few chords of Purple Rain.
Acid rain no less... a real burn...

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:06 pm

Matt wrote:
I like him, but that was a good one.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:56 pm

Still waiting for Michael Buble & Harry Connick Jr. to maybe do a duet!!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:06 pm

matt1 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:56 pm
Still waiting for Michael Buble & Harry Connick Jr. to maybe do a duet!!!
Maybe they'll do a benefit to rebuild the Sanford Dam.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:04 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:10 pm

Weeknd spent more than 7 million dollars of his own money on that production.
Then he is stupid as well as a poor choice for the NFL Halftime Show. If the NFL continues to cater to the "bend a knee" crowd, then it most certainly will stand for Not For Long.

And what the hell does The King Of The Tools care about the NFL anyway? Isn't it MUCH to violent for your liberal sensibilities? Isn't the fact that someone actually looses and experiences the agony of defeat bother you?

I think you should worry about soccer and participation trophy's and leave the NFL to the real men.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:42 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:04 am
Then he is stupid as well as a poor choice for the NFL Halftime Show. If the NFL continues to cater to the "bend a knee" crowd, then it most certainly will stand for Not For Long.
Well ... what we don't know is who the League asked first.
The NFL isn't stupid. I wonder how many people they asked first that most of us have heard of,
before going to the B-List of performers that made most of us ponder "Who The Hell is This Guy?".

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:30 pm

Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Thank you for precisely illustrating what the advertisers no longer want to see at the NFL. That was a significant watershed moment for the end of racism in this country. Bend the knee is a dog whistle Bryce. The NFL will lose the mass market if they even hint that that type of behavior is acceptable. They have already lost a lot of viewership over that particular situation. The players will continue to pressure the NFL to stop out this type of behavior.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:16 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:30 pm
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Thank you for precisely illustrating what the advertisers no longer want to see at the NFL.
I wonder if they would like to see viewers?
Super Bowl LV attracted 96.4 million viewers for ViacomCBS on Sunday, the company announced Tuesday, as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers beat the Kansas City Chiefs, 31-9. It’s the lowest watched Super Bowl since 2007, when the Indianapolis Colts played the Chicago Bears, another CBS broadcast.
Ooops...
They did it again...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:56 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:16 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:30 pm
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Thank you for precisely illustrating what the advertisers no longer want to see at the NFL.
I wonder if they would like to see viewers?
Super Bowl LV attracted 96.4 million viewers for ViacomCBS on Sunday, the company announced Tuesday, as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers beat the Kansas City Chiefs, 31-9. It’s the lowest watched Super Bowl since 2007, when the Indianapolis Colts played the Chicago Bears, another CBS broadcast.
Ooops...
They did it again...
Tom Brady being in it had a lot to do with the low viewership I suspect. There really wasn’t much of a storyline there and his constantly being there got old a long time ago.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:36 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:56 pm
Tom Brady being in it had a lot to do with the low viewership I suspect. There really wasn’t much of a storyline there and his constantly being there got old a long time ago.
I'm just theorizing here. Could the lack of interest simply be because of the virus? Me thinks folks have lost some interest in all sports right now. I myself didn't pay attention to the Tigers at all this summer. With the late starts in all of the sports, I think pro ball and pucks went on the back burner in many peoples priorities.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:08 pm

KC is a small TV market (#32). Tampa is big enough (#11), but loyalty is split between a lot of teams in Florida thanks to the transplanted residents factor. Not much national draw for either of those teams.

The ratings would pop up with a Steelers - Cowboys type Super Bowl.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic