Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Vicious Dog

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Honeyman

Re: Vicious Dog

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:53 pm

Dogs have some sense or energy or cosmic feelings about other beings. My belief is it is almost 100% accurate, hence my "dogs are better than people" mantra.

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:27 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:06 pm
There was a dog in the neighbourhood where we used to live. A Golden Retriever. We would always see it when we were out for a walk. He would come running out to greet us with his tail wagging every time we went by his home, We always stopped and petted him. Sometimes he would run back to the house and grab one of his toys for us to throw. Nice dog.

Once, as we were nearing the house, another guy was walking along the sidewalk about 40 feet ahead of us. When the dog saw him he went bounding out to him barking, and snarling. He leapt right on the guy's back, tearing his shirt right off. I think he would have killed the guy if the owner hadn't run out and pulled him off.

After that, whenever we were out walking, we always turned down a different street, before we got to that house.
This is the reason I will never own a dog. I'm afraid of something like this occurring.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:36 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:27 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
There was a dog in the neighbourhood where we used to live. A Golden Retriever. We would always see it when we were out for a walk. He would come running out to greet us with his tail wagging every time we went by his home, We always stopped and petted him. Sometimes he would run back to the house and grab one of his toys for us to throw. Nice dog.

Once, as we were nearing the house, another guy was walking along the sidewalk about 40 feet ahead of us. When the dog saw him he went bounding out to him barking, and snarling. He leapt right on the guy's back, tearing his shirt right off. I think he would have killed the guy if the owner hadn't run out and pulled him off.

After that, whenever we were out walking, we always turned down a different street, before we got to that house.
This is the reason I will never own a dog. I'm afraid of something like this occurring.
That's so wrong, RT. Did you give up on love when your heart was broken? Your favorite sports team when they disappointed you?

Dogs are the best beings on earth.

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:52 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:36 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:27 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

That's so wrong, RT. Did you give up on love when your heart was broken? Your favorite sports team when they disappointed you?

Dogs are the best beings on earth.
I will say I can tolerate a calm, well behaved dog. One that’s going completely nuts and running at and jumping on me is another story. I get nervous when there’s too much energy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:59 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:53 pm
Dogs have some sense or energy or cosmic feelings about other beings. My belief is it is almost 100% accurate, hence my "dogs are better than people" mantra.
I agree. I often wonder if that mild mannered dog who suddenly became an attack dog, knew something about the guy that none of us knew.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:01 pm

I think I have this young man figured out. I call him "Rain Dog." If you've ever seen the movie with Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise, you know what I mean.

I believe this young man has the doggy version of autistic spectrum disorder. He cannot handle change in his environment. Everything needs to be in order, and exactly as it was the day before, for him to be comfortable. Yet he is HIGHLY intelligent in certain areas.

Much like Dustin Hoffman had to have only Haines underwear, couldn't miss an episode of Wapner or be out in the rain, this dog needs to stick to a strict regimen each and every day and must be introduced to new things and people very slowly and in his comfort zone.

I had been noticing those traits, but wasn't yet completely certain. Here's what clued me in completely. One day last week I was installing some new security cameras around my home and property. When doing the wiring, I shut down a few breakers at the box to do so without getting poked with 110. As I was coming up from the lower level where the breaker box is located, the lad was standing in the middle of my great room, looking at the ceiling and barking his head off while jumping in an agitated state. It took me a minute, but then I figured out what the problem was. The ceiling fan, which runs constantly because of a vaulted ceiling, stopped spinning. To him, that wasn't normal. It was supposed to spin as it always does. This minor change in what was part of his normal daily life with me caused him extreme agitation.

To help with what I believe his condition to be, I've put him on a 30 day regimen of Alprazolam. Basically Xanax for dogs. While on it, I will be slowly introducing daily change in his day to day life as well as continuing his confidence building training.

I will report back next month.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:15 pm

Our dog was sort of like that too. When I was walking her, and she saw something different than is usually was, she would bark at it. A gate that was open, a traffic cone on the sidewalk etc.

Once I was walking her in an area we didn't normally walk. We went by a motel that has a life size concrete horse out front, rearing up on its hind legs. She went crazy over that.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:15 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:01 pm
I think I have this young man figured out. I call him "Rain Dog." If you've ever seen the movie with Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise, you know what I mean.

I believe this young man has the doggy version of autistic spectrum disorder. He cannot handle change in his environment. Everything needs to be in order, and exactly as it was the day before, for him to be comfortable. Yet he is HIGHLY intelligent in certain areas.

Much like Dustin Hoffman had to have only Haines underwear, couldn't miss an episode of Wapner or be out in the rain, this dog needs to stick to a strict regimen each and every day and must be introduced to new things and people very slowly and in his comfort zone.

I had been noticing those traits, but wasn't yet completely certain. Here's what clued me in completely. One day last week I was installing some new security cameras around my home and property. When doing the wiring, I shut down a few breakers at the box to do so without getting poked with 110. As I was coming up from the lower level where the breaker box is located, the lad was standing in the middle of my great room, looking at the ceiling and barking his head off while jumping in an agitated state. It took me a minute, but then I figured out what the problem was. The ceiling fan, which runs constantly because of a vaulted ceiling, stopped spinning. To him, that wasn't normal. It was supposed to spin as it always does. This minor change in what was part of his normal daily life with me caused him extreme agitation.

To help with what I believe his condition to be, I've put him on a 30 day regimen of Alprazolam. Basically Xanax for dogs. While on it, I will be slowly introducing daily change in his day to day life as well as continuing his confidence building training.

I will report back next month.
Having a brother on the spectrum, pretty good bet that this dog is. Good diagnosis.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic