Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Keeping the price of gas low

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Rate This

Re: Keeping the price of gas low

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:38 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:21 am
kager wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:24 am
If you're suggesting Trump is responsible for low gas prices, I [blah blah blah]
It was just coincidence that fuel prices were low during the previous administration.

It's just coincidence that fuel prices are way up and continue in that direction during Obiden's administration.

You cannot blame those who don't know what they're doing for predictable fluctuations in the price of fuel.

It's all just a coincidental pattern.
You don't think Biden's anti oil stance, policy changes, shutting down Keystone XL and restrictions on drilling on federal land have had any effect on oil prices?
No. It’s a rise in demand coupled with a lack of supply. Keystone wasn’t even complete therefore there was no change in supply and demand. An anti-oil stance won’t raise gas prices and any restrictions on drilling on federal land where no drilling was happening anyways also won’t do it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:22 pm

Of course. Speculation has NEVER driven the price of anything higher.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:58 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:22 pm
Of course. Speculation has NEVER driven the price of anything higher.
Not the way we are seeing now. OPEC just announced production increases and the prices aren’t high enough yet to justify opening up the gulf again in any big way. Gas got so low because they rolled up the sidewalks and demand tanked last March. You’ll recall there was a similar low during the Obama years when oil bottomed at $25. Once they are able to ramp up oil production again prices will slowly decline. But you aren’t going to have normal demand and $2 gas, that won’t work now.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:11 pm

kager wrote:
If you're suggesting Trump is responsible for low gas prices, I [blah blah blah]
It was just coincidence that fuel prices were low during the previous administration.

It's just coincidence that fuel prices are way up and continue in that direction during Obiden's administration.

You cannot blame those who don't know what they're doing for predictable fluctuations in the price of fuel.

If this is true, why was gas over $3.00 back in 2007? By the way, this was an averagr national price so can't blame Granholm.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:33 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:11 pm
kager wrote:

If this is true, why was gas over $3.00 back in 2007? By the way, this was an averagr national price so can't blame Granholm.
Rampant speculation for I forget what the reason was... it became a bubble. Peaked at roughly $4.25 in 2008.

kager

Post by kager » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:47 pm

Oh, what a difference a year makes for a nation led by the bulb of dimness...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:58 pm

kager wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:47 pm
The UAE and Saudi Arabia aren't even taking President Puddin' Heads calls...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:18 pm

The Keystone thing is a red hearing.... Yes the CONSTRUCTION part was stopped on line 2. This was an addition to the current Keystone line that is operating sending the dirtiest oil to Tex for shipment out. It almost rated as 'bunker oil' as used in sea freighters. It's too dirty to be economically refined for personal use. The line is strictly a pass thru for the Canadian oil.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:55 pm

This is on the oil companies. They are sitting on 4500 reserves in THIS country and refuse to increase production. I hope these fucking bastards suck sulphur in the lake of fire.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:16 am

Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:55 pm
This is on the oil companies. They are sitting on 4500 reserves in THIS country and refuse to increase production. I hope these fucking bastards suck sulphur in the lake of fire.
You can't possibly believe this bullshit. Having a hostile administration to domestic oil production and development leaves any incentive for oil companies to cooperate off the table. The Joe "I did that" Biden sticker belongs on every pump.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:26 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:58 pm
kager wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:47 pm
The UAE and Saudi Arabia aren't even taking President Puddin' Heads calls...
Could it be because Biden, with his Russian friends acting as negotiators, are about to do a deal with Iran that practically guarantees an enemy that scares the shit out of them will have nukes in the near future?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:32 am

tapeisrolling wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:18 pm
The Keystone thing is a red hearing.... Yes the CONSTRUCTION part was stopped on line 2. This was an addition to the current Keystone line that is operating sending the dirtiest oil to Tex for shipment out. It almost rated as 'bunker oil' as used in sea freighters. It's too dirty to be economically refined for personal use. The line is strictly a pass thru for the Canadian oil.
None of that is really true, except for the part referring to the pipeline still being in construction status. However, you don't continue to build capacity if there's no pipeline to deliver it, so stopping the construction sure does have an impact on downstream supply. ALSO, the projections on downstream supply affects current prices.

And the pipeline is not just "a pass thru for the Canadian oil". Copying a section of document, "The fourth phase would transport crude oil from the Athabasca Tar Sands in northeastern Alberta, Canada to refineries in Illinois and Oklahoma, and to the U.S. Gulf Coast. It would duplicate (though along a shorter route and with a larger-diameter pipe) the Phase I pipeline between Hardisty, Alberta, and Steele City, Nebraska. It would run through Baker, Montana, where American-produced light crude oil from the Williston Basin (Bakken formation) of Montana and North Dakota would be added to the Keystone's throughput of synthetic crude oil (syncrude) and diluted bitumen (dilbit) from the oil sands of Canada."

Sure, some of the end-results would be "bunker fuel", but that's still needed for the freighters that run from US ports to and from other US ports and to other parts of the world. We certainly would benefit directly from that capacity. And all kinds of other end-products would result as well.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:18 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:26 am

Could it be because Biden, with his Russian friends acting as negotiators, are about to do a deal with Iran that practically guarantees an enemy that scares the shit out of them will have nukes in the near future?
Keep that up, Bryce, and you'll start believing it yourself. :lol

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:27 pm

I take the republican view on this.

I drive a company vehicle. All gas and all driving and all insurance is paid for by my company. I don't spend a dime. And any errands I have to run during the day, I can stop and do them while I'm out. My personal vehicle will go days, weeks even, without being driven. On a rare occasion, I'll drive a couple miles to the store or, if I'm feeling like it, to Ann Arbor for an AA meeting. So in reality, I'm spending maybe $10-$15 worth of gas a month. My fiancé works 3.2 miles from the house. She might spend $40-$50 every couple of weeks.

TL; DR: Doesn't affect me, not my problem. I get a break that others don't.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:39 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:16 am
Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:55 pm
You can't possibly believe this bullshit. Having a hostile administration to domestic oil production and development leaves any incentive for oil companies to cooperate off the table. The Joe "I did that" Biden sticker belongs on every pump.
You can’t possible believe THAT BS. https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate- ... qxNFxLnlPk

Also gas is $8.33 a gallon as an average in Europe, up from around $7 a gallon. Canadians are paying $6.75 per gallon, also up ~$1. Care to share how Biden fucked up their fuel prices?

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic