Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Another Blow to Canada's Middle Class

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Another Blow to Canada's Middle Class

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:23 pm

That iconic middle class brand, Starbucks, is reducing its footprint in Canada.

What's a poor, downtrodden middle classer to do? Go to Tim Horton's along with the rest of us?

Of course, they could always buy one of those expensive coffee makers that makes a single cup from a pod. The Starbucks coffee may even be available in that type of package. But who would see them drinking it?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busines ... completed/

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Re: Another Blow to Canada's Middle Class

Post by Bryce » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:29 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:23 pm

What's a poor, downtrodden middle classer to do? Go to Tim Horton's along with the rest of us?

Of course, they could always buy one of those expensive coffee makers that makes a single cup from a pod. The Starbucks coffee may even be available in that type of package. But who would see them drinking it?

I guess I'm not middle class. I'd walk by six Starbucks to get to a Timmy's.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:42 pm

Turkeytop wrote:

I’ll be over tomorrow to install one in your kitchen... then you can watch me make it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:55 pm

I already have one that makes a single cup. Cost me $11.99 at Canadian Tire.

Just put a #2 filter into the cone and add a scoop of coffee. Pour a mug of water into the top and place the empty mug underneath. Makes a cup of hot coffee in about three minutes,

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:44 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:29 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

I guess I'm not middle class. I'd walk by six Starbucks to get to a Timmy's.
Tim Horton's is vastly superior to burnt ass Starbucks.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:27 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:44 pm

Tim Horton's is vastly superior to burnt ass Starbucks.
I agree. I've checked out of hotels and found alternative accommodations when I found out all they had was Starbucks

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:34 pm

I've got to say, Timmy's is a better option.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:34 pm

My wife and I checked in at a hotel in the afternoon, before our room was quite ready. There was a Starbucks in the Lobby and that's the only time we ever tried it. We each had a coffee and we shared a muffin. It cost about $12.00.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:54 pm

Well, Canadian money doesn't go as far when it comes to the global price index...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:57 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:54 pm
Well, Canadian money doesn't go as far when it comes to the global price index...

At least not in Niagara Falls.

Even McD has a higher priced menu at Niagara.. If you go to one out in the town they have the standard prices, but down by the falls the prices are about 50% higher.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:04 pm

Exactly.

― Noam Chomsky

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:10 am

They can go away permanently. They have a history of chasing poor customers out of their stores. I'd rather have Timmy's donuts over a nasty ass Starbucks muffin.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:12 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:10 am
They can go away permanently. They have a history of chasing poor customers out of their stores. I'd rather have Timmy's donuts over a nasty ass Starbucks muffin.

Once, when we were at a McD in Florida, the cash register receipt had a coupon on the back for a 25 cent Quarter Pounder. As we were leaving, there was a homeless lady going by with here shopping cart. My wife handed her the coupon and a quarter.

We watched and they stopped her at the door. Wouldn't let her in. My wife took the coupon from the woman and went in and got the burger for her.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:29 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:12 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:10 am

Once, when we were at a McD in Florida, the cash register receipt had a coupon on the back for a 25 cent Quarter Pounder. As we were leaving, there was a homeless lady going by with here shopping cart. My wife handed her the coupon and a quarter.

We watched and they stopped her at the door. Wouldn't let her in. My wife took the coupon from the woman and went in and got the burger for her.
She was probably somebody they were familiar with who had been banned for one reason or another. Probably destroying the restroom or loitering.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:21 pm

She was probably somebody they were familiar with who had been banned for one reason or another. Probably destroying the restroom or loitering.
There's a Truck Stop along I-75 that used to have a person like this. He used to come in the store to warm up in Winter and use the restroom. Finally, they caught him stealing and he was no longer allowed in the store. You don't know the whole story usually.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic