Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Good Recommendation for Car Air Compressor?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
MotorCityRadioFreak

Good Recommendation for Car Air Compressor?

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:39 am

My aunt asked me if I had any good ideas for a car air compressor. She is dealing with (slow) leaky rims for her 2010 Impala that would probably cost about $1000 to replace. She is looking for something very simple as she is not mechanically inclined and older with health issues. Her budget is up to $100.

I know she has Prime, so Amazon is preferred. She plans on getting new rims after she gets her taxes back, but she probably won't have her return until May being her appointment is late March.

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind buying one similarly as an emergency backup.
Last edited by MotorCityRadioFreak on Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 14896

Re: Good Recommendation for Car Air Compressor?

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:06 am

I use the Slime brand. Plugs into the cigarette lighter. I've had a couple of these. And it works fine. You can get these at Meijer or Target or any of the auto parts places around town.

https://www.amazon.com/Slime-40051-Digi ... +ti&sr=8-3

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:02 pm

I've had three of the jump boxes with a compressor built into the back for over 20 years now. I've had to repair a couple of them due to broken latch levers and replaced the batteries a couple times over the years, but they've been good. Only spent about $39 on each one, IIRC.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:57 pm

Are you (or is she) a Costco member?

https://www.costco.com/bon-aire-12v-inf ... 67254.html

Wellllll... la de frickin da

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:52 am

Thanks for the suggestions.

She is not a Costco member, and I am not a Costco member either.

I saw a compressor that ran on an Ion battery on Amazon. So many of the reviews on Amazon are fake, that's why I came here.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:47 pm

I have a Black n Decker model that plugs into the lighter. You set the pressure you want, turn it on and it stops when desire psi is reached. Only thing I wished I had done was to get the plug in/battery model that uses the same lithium batt. as all my yard tools.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic