Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

My dog got skunked this morning

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Honeyman

My dog got skunked this morning

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:52 am

GREAT way to start the day! Lunged at a bush and there was a critter in there....thankfully, she didn't get it too bad. And I had Nature's Miracle at the ready. I give the product 5 stars. But the smell still lingers.

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Re: My dog got skunked this morning

Post by Bryce » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:20 am

So sorry.

Sooner or later though, most dog parents are going to have to deal with this. Well, unless you have one of those little yappers that use pee pads and never go outside. Natures Miracle works ok, but as long as there is oil from the spray remaining on the skin, the odor is going to be there. Hopefully it wasn't too long between spay and the wash. The more time is has to penetrate the skin, the longer it will linger.

Here is a home made remedy that works wonders. Again, the sooner it gets applied, the better it works....

¼ cup of baking soda
1-2 teaspoons of mild dishwashing detergent like Ivory Snow
1 quart of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide solution (careful that you only use the 3%)
Mix in a bucket and use immediately being careful to avoid the area around the eyes. Work the foaming mixture well into the coat, leave the solution on the skin for five minutes and rinse with warm water.

If you want you can do a good shampoo after.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:52 am

Thanks, Bryce. She didn't really get nailed too bad and I immediately got to work on it. Actually is here in my office with me now.......a very slight stench lingering. Could have been A LOT worse.

Had one dog who was nuts. On one walk, he lunged into the bushes also, and literally had a skunk in his mouth and was doing that head shake with it. I yanked as hard as I could and pulled away. Remarkably, didn't get sprayed.....that time. Once I was watching TV, he was outside in the back yard. I hear this skirmish, the unmistakable odor of skunk hits, and my neighbor is knocking on the door. "You're gonna need this...good luck", and handed me a bottle of Nature's Miracle. I go outside and my dog is rubbing his face on the grass and the smell was God awful. On the ground there was a clump of fur, black with a white stripe, that I still kick myself for not saving it was so perfect. That was terrible. He stayed outside for days, luckily it was the middle of summer. Couldn't get mad at him, this creature had come into his yard.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:29 pm

My wife once worked in baking soda then poured tomato juice all over my dog. That was a pretty slick science experiment that ended up with my dog being shaved as the clumps of baking soda hardened.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:33 pm

At one time we lived up north in the bush. Our home was surrounded by hundreds of acres of Balsam trees.

Once, when our dog got sprayed, I made him a bed of balsam boughs in his dog house. After a few days, he smelled like a Christmas tree.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:03 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:20 am
Here is a home made remedy that works wonders. Again, the sooner it gets applied, the better it works....

¼ cup of baking soda
1-2 teaspoons of mild dishwashing detergent like Ivory Snow
1 quart of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide solution (careful that you only use the 3%)
Mix in a bucket and use immediately being careful to avoid the area around the eyes. Work the foaming mixture well into the coat, leave the solution on the skin for five minutes and rinse with warm water.
That is my go to remedy as well. Cheap and effective.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:06 pm

My sister's dog got porcupined. She said that he looked like a porcupine after it happened. Poor thing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic