Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

New proposal...get rid of the political boards

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

Re: New proposal...get rid of the political boards

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:41 pm

Lucky615 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:02 pm
UP906 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:53 pm
Oh... and Turkeyslop?

You are a foreign national and a communist agitator. Your opinion regarding United States politics will not be missed.

Buh bye.
I totally agree with you UP906. Bye Turkeytop don’t let the door hit you in the ass.
See, here's the deal. Mr. TurkeyTop's political ideals are about as far away from mine as you could get. But, I still consider him a friend, an online version of a friend anyway. Why? Well, because he is quick to attack an idea he disagrees with but seldom if ever attacks the person. Although our opinions differ, we seldom attack each other and find common ground when we can. He's a gentleman.

That's what many of you newbies to the POL POT don't get. Ideas and ideology are fair game, but when you resort to attacking the person, and name calling it makes you a troll and an agitator. No better than the protesters that loot and burn shit because they disagree.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:17 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:41 pm

See, here's the deal. Mr. TurkeyTop's political ideals are about as far away from mine as you could get. But, I still consider him a friend, an online version of a friend anyway. Why? Well, because he is quick to attack an idea he disagrees with but seldom if ever attacks the person. Although our opinions differ, we seldom attack each other and find common ground when we can. He's a gentleman.

That's what many of you newbies to the POL POT don't get. Ideas and ideology are fair game, but when you resort to attacking the person, and name calling it makes you a troll and an agitator. No better than the protesters that loot and burn shit because they disagree.
Thanks for the kind sentiments, Bryce. The feeling is mutual. We also have other things in common that may not be obvious to other users on this board.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:06 pm

It's horrible that Vic has to leave. He's a good guy and has always cared about the community. It's the loss of the Buzzboard. So, thanks trolls.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:06 pm
It's horrible that Vic has to leave. He's a good guy and has always cared about the community. It's the loss of the Buzzboard. So, thanks trolls.
Vic

One of the most decent users on this board. We've both been on here for a long time. He called me out once or twice when I deserved it and I always learned from it.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:21 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am
Vic

One of the most decent users on this board. We've both been on here for a long time. He called me out once or twice when I deserved it and I always learned from it.
What a bunch of fucking drama queens. You assholes act like Vic went to the afterlife. The guy is leaving the site because it’s his choice no one told him to leave. Who’s going to write Vic’s eulogy? you clowns are funny as hell. :rollin

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:27 am

UP906 wrote:
Oh... and Turkeyslop?

You are a foreign national and a communist agitator. Your opinion regarding United States politics will not be missed.

Buh bye.
In other words the trolls are emboldened at this point.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:46 am

New proposal....if you don't like the political boards, don't click on them.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:48 am

R Bedell wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:43 am
So, thanks trolls.
Typical Leftist/Democrat response.

For 8 years all we heard to was Bush's fault. For the next 3.5 yrs, all we heard it was Trump's Fault. Now we hear, it is the alleged Trolls fault.

The pattern here is, that the Democrats NEVER accept responsibility, and ALWAYS blames some one else for their problems. Then the will label a person or group with a derogatory name. They will try and silence point of views that differ from theirs. Will this ever change..?? NOPE. It is easy to spot these clowns from a mile away. The same pattern exists over and over and over again.
It’s not the trolls that are taking over the board, it’s the leftist/democrats that are.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:30 am

UP906 wrote:
Oh... and Turkeyslop?

Buh bye.
TT has been a valuable contributor to this board. He has posted a lot of light-hearted material that is non-political in nature. I don't always agree with his politics, but those are his views, and he has every right to them. He, unlike some others, has never called for wholesale censorship here. If you read through his posts, you may find that he is actually conservative on some issues. He is far from an "agitator".

Back to the current topic, I have this thing called a mouse. I control it with my hand. It's an amazing gadget which allows me to navigate my way around this board (not to mention countless other websites). To my knowledge, it has never clicked itself. Rather, it awaits specific directions from my brain to the muscles in my fingers. The mouse allows me to self-censor and decide for myself where I do and don't want to go in this place called cyberspace. I would suggest that folks who call for customization of websites to appease their tastes try one of these mouse gadgets and exercise their own power of choice. You can pick one up for a few bucks at any major retailer, and the amazing thing is it works as soon as you plug it in.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:13 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am
Vic

I have been nice Vic, but it's not been reciprocal.

You have always been nice to me TT.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:04 am

I don't believe we're here to be nice to each other. I enjoy spirited debate. But there are some whose mission is to be just rude and obnoxious at every opportunity.

Example: A few days ago, a thread involving the state of broadcasting in Canada was generating intelligent discussion until one user jumped in and attacked me for something completely off topic (my lack of knowledge about cell phones) and called me a "stupid fuck."

What does that contribute to any thread?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:10 am

I agree, and difference of opinion wouldn't necessarily make it bad though.

We have both ribbed each other but it's not gotten out of hand.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:53 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:04 am
I don't believe we're here to be nice to each other. I enjoy spirited debate. But there are some whose mission is to be just rude and obnoxious at every opportunity.

Example: A few days ago, a thread involving the state of broadcasting in Canada was generating intelligent discussion until one user jumped in and attacked me for something completely off topic (my lack of knowledge about cell phones) and called me a "stupid fuck."

What does that contribute to any thread?
Agreed. Unfortunately, trolls come with the territory. There's no shortage of people who are looking to stir the pot, and they all have internet access. I've been pounded in the past over petty bullshit, and have allowed myself to be goated into pointless arguments that served only to waste time I could have used to more value. I have found that most folks here genuinely interested in worthwhile discussions, generally those of us who have been here for some time. I've learned to ignore the trolls, as most tend to be short-term in these parts. They eventually get bored and take their business elsewhere (or end up in the DBR, whichever comes first).

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:15 am

This thread is a perfect example. It started out as a serious discussion and look what it quickly degenerated into.

Lucky615 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:21 am

What a bunch of fucking drama queens. You assholes act like Vic went to the afterlife. The guy is leaving the site because it’s his choice no one told him to leave. Who’s going to write Vic’s eulogy? you clowns are funny as hell. :rollin

UP906 wrote:
Oh... and Turkeyslop?

Buh bye.
R Bedell wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:50 am
It’s not the trolls that are taking over the board, it’s the leftist that are.
YUP..... Their goal is...

Get rid of the political forums and the trolls just migrate to the other forums.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:30 pm

One of the sillier suggestions made here over the years. If this place bothers you so much quit coming here. There are countless forums on the internet and I am sure you can find one to your liking or maybe start one of your own and run it your way. Quit trying to tell Metalhead how to run his.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic