Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Curious about this board's demographics

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.

Did (or do) you work directly for one or more of the TV or Radio stations?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 27

Bryce

Re: Curious about this board's demographics

Post by Bryce » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:18 am

Realist wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:10 am
Yep - Andy Rapp (?). He was on the air there also doing some of their public affairs programs
Yup, that's him. Interesting guy.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

RayQix

Re: Curious about this board's demographics

Post by RayQix » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:19 am

I had wanted to get into radio, but never made that step. I’m a customer service guy and an IT guy, back before “IT” was even a coined term.

I was in sales of electronics and such.... and always been a fan. I have a good shortwave and like to listen to what’s on there on a nice clear night, as well as “how far away can I hear something” on AM.

I’ve met folks.... and have good contacts in the Industry.... and am thankful that some of those contacts are friends, not just “I’ve talked to people” at one time or another.

I happened across the Buzzboard when I was looking for info on Twin Pines Dairy, long long ago. Lol

Nowadays I still have a career in IT support and customer service..... but enjoy listening to things from “far away” even if it’s via the internet or Alexa.

Damn.... 15 years.... nice to know my desk here is still good even though my offline home has changed a few times.

Life is what we make it.... and we have to evolve with it... or get left behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic