Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Did Your Local Meijer Stop Selling Single Beers?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 4520

Did Your Local Meijer Stop Selling Single Beers?

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:50 am

For some reason Meijer in Gaylord stopped selling singles. Was wondering if your local store did as well. $1.99 was a bit steep but I got to try a lot of beers that way that I wouldn't have bought a six pack of.

TC Talks

Re: Did Your Local Meijer Stop Selling Single Beers?

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:18 pm

Most beer stores carry hundreds of labels in a single can. It hardly seems worth Meijers time.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:53 pm

All I know is I can get angus 85% lean ground beef (1 lb pkg) at Kroger for $3.99 per lb as opposed to the absurd $7.19 per lb the Meijer in Royal Oak charges!

Meijer definitely has the best prices on breakfast cereal, fresh deli meats, laundry detergent, snot rags, and T.P. for my bunghole, but on nearly everything else, Kroger seems to match or undercut Meijer's prices.

Kroger generic OTC drugs also tend to be cheaper than Meijer generic OTC drugs; the difference in price on generic claritin is insane.

I will say this - Meijer has done a FAR better job keeping hand sanitizer and Lysol in stock than Kroger. Two weeks ago, the Royal Oak Meijer had a shitload of Lysol products on the shelf in the cleaning supplies aisle.

Both Target stores near me have done an embarrassingly poor job keeping such products in stock. Over the past 90 days, I've seen massive swaths of empty shelf space. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear I was shopping Kmart!

Next time I head to Meijer, I'll go down the beer aisle to see if they still sell singles.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

kager

Post by kager » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:03 am

The beer singles section @ Meijer in P-town has vaporized as well. It's not 'essential', I guess...

$2/ea beer was a 'nice to have' option, especially if assembling a build-your-own 6-pack out of the dozens available as a gift to a beer-lover whilst general shopping, but I'm sure inconsistencies in purchases and product rotation made it difficult to justify keeping. Back to selling only in volume.

'Most beer stores carry hundreds of labels in a single can''? You're trippin' again, dude. Maybe the largest of them has hundreds, but most may have more like hundreds of single cans, out of dozens of labels. Ask your personal shopper. :blink

BTW - 80/20 burger $1.89/lb @ same Meijer yesterday. Happy 4th.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:44 pm

I do see that $1.89 per lb price on the family size package (3.5 lbs) of ground chuck in the Meijer ad. That is a damn good price. Wish they'd price their smaller packages of ground round a lot more reasonably.

Happy 4th to you as well!

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic