Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Banking in Times of Covid

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Banking in Times of Covid

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 26, 2020 12:32 pm

Had some banking business today that couldn't be done online. Had to visit the Branch. Because of social distancing, they only allow one customer to be inside.

Outside there were two long lineups. One for working class and one for clients who had booked ahead using a app.

The client line was given priority. Whenever someone left the bank, one of them was allowed in. The only time a working class customer was invited in was when there was no one in the client line. By the time the customer exited there was always a new lineup of clients.

In the 40 minutes I stood there, only one working class got in. I gave up and left. I'd have been there all day.

Another bank will be getting my business.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Re: Banking in Times of Covid

Post by Bryce » Tue May 26, 2020 2:00 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:32 pm

Outside there were two long lineups. One for working class and one for clients who had booked ahead using a app.

Having a smart phone and knowing how to use App's automatically gets you kicked out of the working class club? If a working class kind of guy had booked ahead using an App. would he be banished forever?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 26, 2020 2:14 pm

The only class that banishes members is the middle class. They impose an income threshold for membership. If someone falls on hard times and drops below the threshold, out they go.

They expel their members, then whine about the shrinking middle class.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 26, 2020 2:31 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:14 pm
The only class that banishes members is the middle class. They impose an income threshold for membership. If someone falls on hard times and drops below the threshold, out they go.

Then why did you use this sentence in your original post?
Wouldn't that lead one to believe that the folks without an appointment were all working class people and the folks with an appointment automatically aren't?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 26, 2020 2:55 pm

Are garage door repairmen and HVAC repairmen working class to you TT?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 26, 2020 3:23 pm

Been a long time since I've been inside a bank but I remember 2 lines, one for business and one for "regular" customers. The business line was smaller and had their own teller who would call up regular folk if nobody was in the business line. This doesn't appear to be much different, and seems fair under todays circumstances.

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 26, 2020 4:46 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 3:23 pm
seems fair under todays circumstances.

Fair, alright. No cellphone no service.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 26, 2020 6:38 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:46 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 3:23 pm
seems fair under todays circumstances.

Fair, alright. No cellphone no service.
Do you have a cell phone at all?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 26, 2020 7:33 pm

Had an old flip phone. Threw it into a drawer the day I retired. I guess it's still there.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 26, 2020 7:45 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:33 pm
Had an old flip phone. Threw it into a drawer the day I retired. I guess it's still there.
Sigh...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 26, 2020 7:59 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:31 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

Wouldn't that lead one to believe that the folks without an appointment were all working class people and the folks with an appointment automatically aren't?
I don't see any contradiction there.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 26, 2020 8:18 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:59 pm
Bryce wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

How do you know some working class people didn’t make an appointment online?

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 26, 2020 8:19 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:18 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:59 pm
Bryce wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

How do you know some working class people didn’t make an appointment online?
Let's take baby steps with him. TT, is your phone touch tone or rotary? Is it cordless, or is that too middle class?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 26, 2020 9:43 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:19 pm

Let's take baby steps with him. TT, is your phone touch tone or rotary? Is it cordless, or is that too middle class?

Touch tone on the kitchen wall.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 26, 2020 9:59 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:43 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:19 pm

Touch tone on the kitchen wall.
What about the drive thru?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic