Registrations in the queue through May 27 at 7:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Have a Joyous Easter for Christians

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3128
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Have a Joyous Easter for Christians

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:06 pm

In these dark times, I wish all of you a joyous Easter.

Image



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 4059
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Have a Joyous Easter for Christians

Post by audiophile » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:09 pm

Thank you!


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3128
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Have a Joyous Easter for Christians

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:31 pm

Your faith must bring comfort to you in times like this.



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 4059
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Have a Joyous Easter for Christians

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:05 am

It does. Jesus' resurrection reminds us of the power over death.


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2581
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Have a Joyous Easter for Christians

Post by Bryce » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:16 am

Image


"‘President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people.’ --Clint Eastwood"

User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 4059
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Have a Joyous Easter for Christians

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:36 pm

LOL


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

lovinlife101
Posts: 4162
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Have a Joyous Easter for Christians

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:09 pm

You know what the gays say?

“HAPPY KEISTER!”



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3128
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Have a Joyous Easter for Christians

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:38 pm

If you want to talk like that with your gay pals, go ahead. But you should be more considerate of the users here for whom Easter is a sacred time. It's entirely inappropriate.



lovinlife101
Posts: 4162
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Have a Joyous Easter for Christians

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:46 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:38 pm
If you want to talk like that with your gay pals, go ahead. But you should be more considerate of the users here for whom Easter is a sacred time. It's entirely inappropriate.
You’re entitled to your opinion.

I have a right to speak.

You have the right to not listen.



Rate This
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Have a Joyous Easter for Christians

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:48 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:46 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:38 pm
If you want to talk like that with your gay pals, go ahead. But you should be more considerate of the users here for whom Easter is a sacred time. It's entirely inappropriate.
You’re entitled to your opinion.

I have a right to speak.

You have the right to not listen.
But you should also have a conscience and some common decency... it works wonders on someone’s reputation. Yours may be beyond hope.



lovinlife101
Posts: 4162
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Have a Joyous Easter for Christians

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:09 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:48 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:46 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:38 pm
If you want to talk like that with your gay pals, go ahead. But you should be more considerate of the users here for whom Easter is a sacred time. It's entirely inappropriate.
You’re entitled to your opinion.

I have a right to speak.

You have the right to not listen.
But you should also have a conscience and some common decency... it works wonders on someone’s reputation. Yours may be beyond hope.
I don’t care what anyone thinks of me. Truth is not a popularity contest or up for vote.

“Easter” began as a pagan holiday well before Christianity. Christians don’t worship the god of fertility, eggs, and bunnies. You’re so ignorant!

Look it up and kiss off!



Rate This
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Have a Joyous Easter for Christians

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:34 pm

The problem is you don’t speak truth... you blither.



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3128
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Have a Joyous Easter for Christians

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:39 pm

He's right that Easter stemmed from an old Pagan feast. Easter means nothing to me because I'm not a believer.

But I think we need to be respectful of Christians for whom Easter is profoundly meaningful. They don't deserve to be mocked for their faith.



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 4059
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Have a Joyous Easter for Christians

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:38 pm

I can't believe I need to say this, but the Keister thing was an obvious joke. Lets move on.


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3128
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Have a Joyous Easter for Christians

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:40 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:38 pm
I can't believe I need to say this, but the Keister thing was an obvious joke. Lets move on.

I knew it was a joke. Maybe I was just being overly sensitive on behalf of a group I don't really understand



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic