Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What's the last "normal" thing you did?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

What's the last "normal" thing you did?

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:25 pm

It's like asking what were you doing at the time of the 9/11 attack.

What's the last normal thing you did before coronavirus changed our lives?

For me it was Friday, March 13. A group of us went out for supper at a sports bar and restaurant called Glory Days, in St Petersburg. There were 14 in our party, some of us met for the first time that day and we shook hands. (that's so 2019)

The fellow sitting across from me was one of the new people I met that day. He's an avid Trump Supporter. We had a pleasant conversation. We just avoided politics.

Later that evening we watched the late news on TV. They said the pandemic was reaching crisis proportions in our county there. My wife and I both said that maybe going out like we had wasn't such a good idea. We decided not to do it again.

Two days later, that restaurant and every other one in the county was shut down.

We stayed in Florida for another week but we were pretty much self quarantined within our mobile home park.

When will "normal" return?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Matt

Re: What's the last "normal" thing you did?

Post by Matt » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:10 pm

I went into work the Monday before the stay home order went into effect. I miss working at actual work.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:26 pm

I got a haircut. I just happened to ask it to be a little shorter than usual.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:29 pm

tapeisrolling wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:26 pm
I got a haircut. I just happened to ask it to be a little shorter than usual.
My wife cut mine last week. It looks like Hell but no one's going to see it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:26 pm

LOL, don't say that so loud. I hope you typed quietly.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:30 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:26 pm
LOL, don't say that so loud. I hope you typed quietly.
She knows. It bothers her a lot more than it bothers me. At my age there's no use being vane about one's appearance. The best hair style in the world wouldn't make me look good again.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:03 am

My wife and I went whale watching and then had breakfast at the Dana Point Harbor. We scheduled it for the first Sunday in March, forgetting it was Daylight Savings and were bemoaning we didn't do it the next weekend. Little did we know, there essentially was no next weekend. It was our last meal at a restaurant, knocking down a couple bloody marys on a beautiful spring morning. Honestly, it seems like it was a year ago.

The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:07 am

I pulled out one of my Vintage buses and went on a Sunday drive to pick up our Easter dinner. It was the first time I had the entire family with me in several years.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:59 am

Went to two seminars. While at the first seminar, various schools and colleges announced that they were going to close due to the first cases in Michigan. I have seasonal allergies and sneezed a couple of times. People started running away. People panicked and left the first seminar early. Went to the second seminar, and went home. Shopping the next two or three days could not be described as normal. Had to go to several stores to get anywhere near the items we needed. Went in the middle of the night, before they closed most stores at night. Have been using grocery pick up since. Not a single store has a single shred of toilet paper.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic