Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Amazon's Prioritization Of Deliveries

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 4520

Amazon's Prioritization Of Deliveries

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:39 am

First off, I get that Amazon is giving priority to essentials due to Covid-19. That said, should it be at the expense of Prime members who aren't ordering essentials? Otherwise we are not getting what we paid for. How much leeway do they have to not honor membership benefits? Should we be up in arms for not getting the benefits we paid for? Is it a breach of contract? I know these are extraordinary times we live in now. I think at the very least Amazon should offer refunds. If we can't get 2-day delivery, what's the pont? My membership is up in May and I may not renew until this crisis is over. I see they are offering a $3 digital good credit to select slow shipping. But I really don't think that's adequate.

Turkeytop

Re: Amazon's Prioritization Of Deliveries

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:13 am

Boo hoo.

On 9/11 they preempted all my favourite TV shows. I was paying good money for cable TV. It shouldn't have been allowed.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:26 am

Yeah, I see your point and well taken. :rollin Amazon was getting kinda flaky anyways long before this pandemic. Paying for 2 day delivery but often times they'd arrive a day or two later. Always got on Amazon chat and I'd be given a credit or a membership extension. However I don't think that would do any good right now with the way things are.
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:13 am
Boo hoo.

On 9/11 they preempted all my favourite TV shows. I was paying good money for cable TV. It shouldn't have been allowed.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:40 pm

TheForce wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:26 am
Yeah, I see your point and well taken. :rollin Amazon was getting kinda flaky anyways long before this pandemic. Paying for 2 day delivery but often times they'd arrive a day or two later. Always got on Amazon chat and I'd be given a credit or a membership extension. However I don't think that would do any good right now with the way things are.
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:13 am
Boo hoo.

If they extend your membership it’ll seem like it took the right amount of time if you squint just right...

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:29 pm

I'm not sure how they prioritize.
Last week, I think Monday or Tuesday, we ordered two tablets on Amazon.
I figured it would of be awhile, because the TV was saying the same thing that's being said in this thread. "Essentials only will be shipped first". But I wanted to get the order in while I was thinking about it.
We got them on Friday. So 3 or 4 days.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:27 pm

I ordered a couple things Saturday.. a carrying case for my phone....coming Thursday. And a 600 pack of disposable gloves that won't come till April 17.
I've been a member since 2008 and I am wondering if its worth it. When I started I think I paid $80 a year and now its $120. I need to crunch my order prices since a lot of competition now ships for free if your above $35.

I no longer directly engage trolls

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:37 pm

I agree. If they can't provide it in the two-day period that was contracted, they should provide some type of an incentive for you.

I think one thing they REALLY need to crack down on are things listed "in stock" but show a delivery date that's out more than 3 weeks!!! That's crazy.

There should also be some way to filter the search items on what actually can be delivered within some period of time, either the "prime" delivery or within a week or so. Searching for something like 'hand sanitizer' results in hundreds of things listed but few could actually be delivered in any reasonable timeframe.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:05 pm

To be fair, and I was called out on this by others in the past, if you read the "fine print" they never promised 2 day delivery from the time we placed an order. They promise 2 day shipping. We have gotten used to it being one in the same but its not. The promise is 2 days from when its shipped but they never promised it would ship the day you ordered it.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:36 pm

I also thought it was crappy to show items "in stock" but doesn't ship for several days. I could just go to the store and get stuff right now, no wait, I can't. I don't think I'll be renewing my membership. It expires in May. I think they'll do free shipping if your order is a certain dollar value. But right now I don't feel I'm getting the best bang for my buck.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:02 pm

Not a Prime member, my kids are and they live in an area where they can and have gotten same day delivery. They have not used it since this whole mess started and said it will be a while before they start using it again. I have used Walmart.com several times and found their price for the same item was cheaper than Amazon and in two cases it was shipped and I didn't have to go into the store to pick it up, but the few times I did it was easy, in and out in under three minutes.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:40 pm

I'm a regular Chewy.com user. The normal turn around is next day. Normally, if I order by 2 PM, I get it the next day. My last order took 9 days.

Not a biggie, I can deal with it.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:04 am

With Prime you not only get shipping, but also access to Prime Video and Prime music. If you don't pay for other streaming, there is a lot of content on there. We've burned though a lot of movies on there but haven't even touched the series they have.

Not sure that justifies the price of Prime though, if it doesn't benefit you a lot on the shipping side.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic