Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Food Pictures Redux

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

Re: Food Pictures Redux

Post by Bryce » Sat May 29, 2021 7:25 am

kager wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 7:03 pm
What wine goes best with a lamb burger (w/slab o' feta, bibb lettuce, pickled red o-yo, curry mayo, toasted ciabatta) on fine lake china... ?

I'd suggest a medium bodied red. A nice Chianti would do the trick.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

kager

Post by kager » Sat May 29, 2021 8:14 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 8:52 pm
No idea… but damn that looks good!!
Spot on. Dang good it was!

The first and last Greek lamb burger of the season always taste best to me for some reason.
HD74 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 9:19 pm
Richards Wild Irish Rose, 1978, early, white, with River Rouge grapes.
Sounds very VERY rare...

I was going to reply to any wine suggestions with, "Trick question!" and show a beer - my usual pairing with this foodstuff.
Bryce wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 7:25 am
I'd suggest a medium bodied red. A nice Chianti would do the trick.
Bryce: Chianti sounds like it could be a fiasco to me; will have to try that some time.

Ended up with a bourbon barrel aged cab sav from Ménage à Trois. Easier on the blood sugar than beer, and complimented the 'funk' of lamb & feta quite well.

My 'welcome back to the summer season' up north.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat May 29, 2021 9:57 am

Lamb burgers are highly under-rated...yum!

Saw this too late, next time I might try a Zin. I always pair lamb chops with a Zin and it seems to be perfect.

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat May 29, 2021 10:36 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:57 am
Lamb burgers are highly under-rated...yum!

Saw this too late, next time I might try a Zin. I always pair lamb chops with a Zin and it seems to be perfect.
Red Zin is my go-to for lamb chops too. However the feta cheese on the burger tipped me off to Greek seasonings. I thought the Chianti would work better with that and a paper plate.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:44 pm

After 15 years of faithful service, my smoker finally had to be put down. My replacement arrived and I couldn't be happier. After doing a couple of seasoning smokes I took her for a spin with my Gin Martini Maple Salmon.

Perfect...

Went whole hog with this smoker. I can do 14 chickens, four turkeys, 10 slabs of ribs or 24 pounds of sausage with this baby...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:54 pm

I love smoked salmon. My mouth is dripping now. (wipes drool from his screen)

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:10 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:54 pm
I love smoked salmon. My mouth is dripping now. (wipes drool from his screen)
You need to get yourself a smoker. I'll walk you through using it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:14 pm

A neighbour on our street had a big, walk in smoker in his back yard. They found him dead inside from carbon monoxide.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:27 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:14 pm
A neighbour on our street had a big, walk in smoker in his back yard. They found him dead inside from carbon monoxide.
Can't fix stupid.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:32 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:44 pm
After 15 years of faithful service, my smoker finally had to be put down. My replacement arrived and I couldn't be happier. After doing a couple of seasoning smokes I took her for a spin with my Gin Martini Maple Salmon.

Perfect...

Went whole hog with this smoker. I can do 14 chickens, four turkeys, 10 slabs of ribs or 24 pounds of sausage with this baby...
Now that I’ve seen the light I’ll have to try the smoked salmon… I have a soft spot for fish.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:41 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:32 pm

Now that I’ve seen the light I’ll have to try the smoked salmon… I have a soft spot for fish.
If I remember correctly, you don't live too far from Holiday Market in Canton. Cherry Hill and Lilley.

Their house smoked salmon is superb. Mine is better, but when I'm lazy I'll take a drive down to buy theirs. Plus it's a damn fun place to shop. Worth the 45 minute drive for me.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:00 pm

Grilled Walleye basted with ghee...

Damn that was good eatin!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:16 pm

Did you catch them?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:39 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:16 pm
Did you catch them?
Nope. One of my neighbors did and was kind enough to share.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:23 pm

Mama and I were home alone tonight. Had the butcher cut me a couple of pork chops an inch and a half thick. Seasoned with my "magic dust" pork rub and grilled. While they were grilling I fried up some apple slices on the side with cinnamon and brown sugar and mama made some sweet corn.

Damn good eatin!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic