Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Food Pictures Redux

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Rate This

Re: Food Pictures Redux

Post by Rate This » Fri May 07, 2021 8:52 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:20 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 4:38 am
Not bad, how did you cook the asparagus there?
Tossed them in some EVOO sprinkled with some lemon pepper and put them under the broiler.
I’ve said it before... when do we get invited over for dinner?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 18, 2021 9:20 pm

Today's Breakfast

Fried potatoes, fried egg, beans, OJ.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri May 21, 2021 8:09 am

Did you fry those potatoes in a little bacon fat?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri May 21, 2021 10:28 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:09 am
Did you fry those potatoes in a little bacon fat?

Of course. With some onion too and lots of pepper.

kager

Post by kager » Sat May 22, 2021 11:29 am

Brunch

Angry Burl Ives (or Leon Redbone) eggwhite omelette with sautéed morels, red pepper, tomato, filled and topped with shredded Chihuahua cheese, fresh ground pepper.

Sided by buttered German stanktoast, and peppered virgin vegable juice, w/ Horrocks-modified pickled bloody mary vegables at the edge.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat May 22, 2021 11:36 am

That's a real Diddy Wa Diddie presentation. I LOVE it.

Biggest question I have. Where did you find the morels?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

kager

Post by kager » Sat May 22, 2021 12:31 pm

Glad you liked...

Morels were wild, from right around my house. We see mostly the white (gray/gold/giant) varieties here. Not many this year, but enough to augment a meal or three so far.

The state grounds where we used to pick pounds of the black variety in Emmet county have been effectively wiped out by deforestation - the direct result of a sell-off by a former MI governor now energy czar.

American Spoon Foods used to sell dehydrated morels for about $25-30/oz, but that was ages ago. Pickers can probably fetch $50 or more a pound for fresh ones today...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun May 23, 2021 8:55 pm

Peanuts. My favourite outdoor snack. But the chipmunks always come mooching.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 25, 2021 7:35 pm

Homemade Bratwurst and Koegel Vienna's on the grill. Even though I make my own sausage, I've yet to be able to make a hot dog better than a Koegel Vienna. Once you've had a Koegel Vienna, no other dog will pass your lips.

Ancient German secret to doing a Koegel Vienna on the grill without having it burst and loose it juicy goodness. Warm them completely through in a water bath on the stove. Once heated through, place them on a high heat grill to get the outside char.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 25, 2021 8:17 pm

kager wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 12:31 pm
Glad you liked...

Morels were wild, from right around my house.
Sigh...

One of the benefits of living up in the "woods." They SAY morels can be found in southern Michigan, but I've yet to do so. The people that claim they find them down here DO NOT share their hunting grounds. Got about another month and boom they are gone.

Im thinking about doing scent training on my good nose dog to help find them. If he can find a 9mm casing in a can of coffee grounds, I'm thinking he should be able to find morels.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 25, 2021 10:05 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 7:35 pm
Homemade Bratwurst and Koegel Vienna's on the grill. Even though I make my own sausage, I've yet to be able to make a hot dog better than a Koegel Vienna. Once you've had a Koegel Vienna, no other dog will pass your lips.

Ancient German secret to doing a Koegel Vienna on the grill without having it burst and loose it juicy goodness. Warm them completely through in a water bath on the stove. Once heated through, place them on a high heat grill to get the outside char.

You made the sausage in the pic?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 25, 2021 10:07 pm

I did. Mixture of pork and veal with my grandfathers special seasoning mix.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 25, 2021 10:13 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:07 pm
Where do you get the casings and how do you fill them?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 25, 2021 10:58 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:13 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:07 pm
Where do you get the casings and how do you fill them?
For Brat's I use a 32/34 hog casing I get from a place in Madison Heights. They carry most of the seasonings I need too. The grinder I have has a attachment for filling the casings. Trick is to do it just right not to get any air pockets.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 25, 2021 11:00 pm

Do you offer free lessons? :razz

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic