Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Way to go, Ohio...

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
audiophile

Way to go, Ohio...

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:58 am

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/taco-bell-a ... ng-up-late

A friend of mine said when the welfare checks would start rolling, no one would show for work.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Re: Way to go, Ohio...

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:38 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:58 am

A friend of mine said when the welfare checks would start rolling, no one would show for work.
That’s has nothing to do with it. It’s bad work ethic. What other assistance they receive that won’t pay nearly enough to do much of anything is irrelevant.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:02 am

It's an internal matter between management and the employees in question. Granted, the sign may be accurate, but there's no need to involve the public in the operation of your business. Makes it look like they're incapable of managing their employee issues without outside assistance. Perhaps a Now Hiring sign would have sufficed.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:30 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:38 pm
audiophile wrote:

That’s has nothing to do with it. It’s bad work ethic. What other assistance they receive that won’t pay nearly enough to do much of anything is irrelevant.
I agree it's bad work ethic, no need to subsidize it and make it worse. I'm sure most are double dipping.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:54 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:30 am
Rate This wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:38 pm
audiophile wrote:

I agree it's bad work ethic, no need to subsidize it and make it worse. I'm sure most are double dipping.
I doubt that. Nobody is making a killing on welfare to the point that they aren’t desperate for money. Bad work ethic isn’t limited to the poor. The current president works about 5 hours a day, gets up at like 9am and then retires at 3pm and mostly tweets, watches FOX and talks to Sean Hannity... he’s as lazy as they come.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:57 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:54 am

I doubt that. Nobody is making a killing on welfare to the point that they aren’t desperate for money. Bad work ethic isn’t limited to the poor. The current president works about 5 hours a day, gets up at like 9am and then retires at 3pm and mostly tweets, watches FOX and talks to Sean Hannity... he’s as lazy as they come.
And yet he gets more done for the country each month than the guys in the last 7 terms combined!!

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:29 pm

Back to the subject at hand....

We don't really know the backstory, or who these tardy employees are. This is an internal problem for the restaurant's management to solve. Publicizing it in such a way just makes it look like they don't know how to do their job.

I just finished a post about local stories that don't really warrant national exposure. This falls into that category. I'm trying to figure out how the goings-on at a Taco Bell in Ohio affects viewers in the NYC market. Must have been a slow news day.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:00 pm

Judging from the spelling errors on the sign, the manager is a few cinnamon twists short as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic