Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How to interact with cops

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Realist

Re: How to interact with cops

Post by Realist » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:41 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:11 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:16 am
Rate This wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:05 am
audiophile wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:30 am
I've encountered some cops that were super nice and some that were drill sergeants. Getting pulled over for burnt-out plate light is silly,

I'm so nice that they are embarrassed they pulled me over for a plate light,
Here’s a thought:
Don’t want to get pulled over? Keep all your lights working at ALL times. You seem to be outraged because you got pulled over for failing to replace a 50 cent light bulb which was all the excuse they needed, If you don’t feel like doing that simple thing then you deserve what you get.
Lights go out when you’re driving and can’t see the back lights.
Exactly. (I know RateThis doesn't remember this, but this was before the days of indicators for burnt out lights.)

I had a car with four bulbs in the back, one burned out. Of course, I got pulled over on US-10. I was questioned if I had crack pipe, but it was just clean piece of heatshink tubing. Of course never ever carry jumper clips!

Anyway back to story, I was issued a verbal warning to fix the light. So when I got home I took out the other bulb, so there was just one working on each side. I never got pulled over again and I had a spare bulb. :lol
Let’s just say I know quite a bit about how cops think. In big metropolitan areas, there’s a reason why they pull over folks with headlights or taillights out: there’s an incredibly high chance that the person has their drivers license restricted, suspended or revoked, they have warrants for their arrest or they have drugs in the car. Irresponsible people that don’t take care of defective things on their car (and thus give the police probable cause to stop them) generally don’t take care of other things also...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:17 pm

Realist wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:41 pm
audiophile wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:11 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:16 am
Rate This wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:05 am
audiophile wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:30 am
I've encountered some cops that were super nice and some that were drill sergeants. Getting pulled over for burnt-out plate light is silly,

I'm so nice that they are embarrassed they pulled me over for a plate light,
Here’s a thought:
Don’t want to get pulled over? Keep all your lights working at ALL times. You seem to be outraged because you got pulled over for failing to replace a 50 cent light bulb which was all the excuse they needed, If you don’t feel like doing that simple thing then you deserve what you get.
Lights go out when you’re driving and can’t see the back lights.
Exactly. (I know RateThis doesn't remember this, but this was before the days of indicators for burnt out lights.)

I had a car with four bulbs in the back, one burned out. Of course, I got pulled over on US-10. I was questioned if I had crack pipe, but it was just clean piece of heatshink tubing. Of course never ever carry jumper clips!

Anyway back to story, I was issued a verbal warning to fix the light. So when I got home I took out the other bulb, so there was just one working on each side. I never got pulled over again and I had a spare bulb. :lol
Let’s just say I know quite a bit about how cops think. In big metropolitan areas, there’s a reason why they pull over folks with headlights or taillights out: there’s an incredibly high chance that the person has their drivers license restricted, suspended or revoked, they have warrants for their arrest or they have drugs in the car. Irresponsible people that don’t take care of defective things on their car (and thus give the police probable cause to stop them) generally don’t take care of other things also...
That’s exactly the thought that had crossed my mind as well...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:54 am

Of course that is the reason. I just embarrass the cops so bad they'll never want to pull anyone over again for a plate light.

I'm none of those things. In fact, I never had a moving violation, ever. The bulb just had enough of those 400,000 miles.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:41 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:54 am
Of course that is the reason. I just embarrass the cops so bad they'll never want to pull anyone over again for a plate light.

I'm none of those things. In fact, I never had a moving violation, ever. The bulb just had enough of those 400,000 miles.
You realize they would just have a laugh at your expense and be about their day right? No amount of supposedly “embarrassing” them which you probably didn’t is gonna stop them from stopping folks with lights out.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:55 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:41 am
audiophile wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:54 am

You realize they would just have a laugh at your expense and be about their day right? No amount of supposedly “embarrassing” them which you probably didn’t is gonna stop them from stopping folks with lights out.
👍👍

Embarrass a cop for doing their job? Yeah right 🙄🙄🙄

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:14 pm

Got pulled over five years ago for speeding. By the time the trooper got to my window I had all paperwork and handed it to him and said, you got me, I was heavy footed back there. He laughed, ran my plate, handed me back my paperwork and said slow it down please. Wished me a safe drive home and we parted ways. Treat them with respect and it will be returned.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:32 pm

He was embarrassed and I did treat him with respect.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic