Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Outa Here

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

Re: Outa Here

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:41 am

Justin Trudeau just announced he's closing the borders. He told Canadian citizens if you're out of the country, it's time to come home.
“Canadian travellers should return to Canada via commercial means while it’s still possible to do so. Let me clear: if you’re abroad, it’s time for you to come home,” said Trudeau.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:56 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:41 am
Justin Trudeau just announced he's closing the borders. He told Canadian citizens if you're out of the country, it's time to come home.
“Canadian travellers should return to Canada via commercial means while it’s still possible to do so. Let me clear: if you’re abroad, it’s time for you to come home,” said Trudeau.
Yeah, I was reading yesterday's postings from Turkey. Even before Trudeau made this announcement, I was thinking it would be a good idea for him and his better half to be northbound as soon as possible.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:34 pm

I think our little mobile home park might be the safest place in Florida. It's like a ghost town here. No need to practice social distancing. It just is.

We've spoken by telephone with friends who have already left to return to Canada or the northern states. They say the northbound traffic was horrendous. Like a hurricane evacuation.

Our public health care doesn't cover us when we're outside of Canada. So when travelling it's necessary to purchase insurance. Some Canadians have already been contacted by their insurers and told to return home, or their coverage will be canceled.

No word from our's yet.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:13 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:34 pm
I think our little mobile home park might be the safest place in Florida. It's like a ghost town here. No need to practice social distancing. It just is.

We've spoken by telephone with friends who have already left to return to Canada or the northern states. They say the northbound traffic was horrendous. Like a hurricane evacuation.

Our public health care doesn't cover us when we're outside of Canada. So when travelling it's necessary to purchase insurance. Some Canadians have already been contacted by their insurers and told to return home, or their coverage will be canceled.

No word from our's yet.
So what's your status? Did you head home, or hunker down? Did the border closure affect your plans?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:33 am

Turkeytop wrote:
My dad and I drove north from Orlando to Michigan on Friday and Saturday (as we had planned all along) and we didn't notice traffic being bad, except going through Atlanta, Chattanooga, and Nashville (but it was never stop and go except for one accident I saw on I-75 about 20 miles south of Hartsfield-Jackson Airport)

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:26 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:13 am
Turkeytop wrote:

No word from our's yet.
So what's your status? Did you head home, or hunker down? Did the border closure affect your plans?
I’d be interested to know this too but the border closure was supposed to let Canadian citizens go home still I thought...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:23 pm

It's hard to keep out your own citizens.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:56 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:23 pm
It's hard to keep out your own citizens.
But they could force them into some kind of quarantine for testing.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:14 pm

True, but I thought that was what London was for... :blink

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:35 pm

Went into Publix today to get a loaf of their store baked bread. $3.79. I counted out the exact amount before I got to the checkout so I could get through quicker.

Went to the express line for ten items or less. The middle class woman ahead of me was gaming the system. She had two shopping carts with about 18 items in each of them. When she finally had them all checked through she tried to pay with her debit card but there wasn't enough money there.

Her groceries were already bagged and in the cart. So she parked it, got out her phone and called somebody to bring her some money.

Finally, my turn. The cashier said "There's no tag on this bread. I told her "It's $3.79." I held out the money to her.

You'll have to take it back to the bakery and get them to put a tag on it." she told me.

I threw down the loaf of bread and walked out. Out in the parking lot I heard a voice behind me "Sir? Sir?"

I turned around and it was the manager. He apologized and gave me the loaf of bread for nothing.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:51 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:35 pm
Went into Publix today to get a loaf of their store baked bread. $3.79. I counted out the exact amount before I got to the checkout so I could get through quicker.

Went to the express line for ten items or less. The middle class woman ahead of me was gaming the system. She had two shopping carts with about 18 items in each of them. When she finally had them all checked through she tried to pay with her debit card but there wasn't enough money there.

Her groceries were already bagged and in the cart. So she parked it, got out her phone and called somebody to bring her some money.

Finally, my turn. The cashier said "There's no tag on this bread. I told her "It's $3.79." I held out the money to her.

You'll have to take it back to the bakery and get them to put a tag on it." she told me.

I threw down the loaf of bread and walked out. Out in the parking lot I heard a voice behind me "Sir? Sir?"

I turned around and it was the manager. He apologized and gave me the loaf of bread for nothing.
She should have walked back there and checked the price herself. But with thousands of items in stock and her drawer having to come up exactly even or else you can’t really hold it against her if she doesn’t know the price. You should have just had her get somebody to check and left it at that. Do you always have to go storming out, slamming things around and leaving Ice cream to
Melt to prove some quixotic point?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:05 pm

I had already waited in line for ten minutes behind the middle class bitch with all the imported wines and prepared salads she couldn't afford.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:09 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:05 pm
I had already waited in line for ten minutes behind the middle class bitch with all the imported wines and prepared salads she couldn't afford.
Poor thing... sometimes you have to wait. Your being in a hurry doesn’t mean the cashier is gonna suddenly believe you are 100% truthful about the price to the possible loss of her job or a suspension or reprimand...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:21 pm

I'm not a liar and I resent any implication that I am lying.

There seems to be a notion that working class shoppers can't be trusted.

I don't believe they want us shopping in their store.

You working class folks are getting too uppity. Just stay at Aldi, where you belong.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:26 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:21 pm
I'm not a liar and I resent any implication that I am lying.

There seems to be a notion that working class shoppers can't be trusted.

I don't believe they want us shopping in their store.

You working class folks are getting too uppity. Just stay at Aldi, where you belong.
It isn’t an implication that you were lying but she HAS to verify the price or have some way to verify it if she can’t scan it. She isn’t allowed to just take someone’s word for it, her work rules don’t allow for it anymore than work rules at a factory allow for open toed shoes and loose articles of clothing... in other words why would you take frustration out on someone who is far more working class than you?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic