Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Name The Beer 2.1

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
kager

Re: Name The Beer 2.1

Post by kager » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:10 am

CC Classic 12-year

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:06 pm

kager wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:10 am
CC Classic 12-year
You got it. That's a man's drink. Bought two bottles of it this week. During these covid times, I like to keep the bar well stocked, just in case I get quarantined again. Worse yet, just in case they shut down the liquor stores.

http://london.marknmel.com/albums/album ... .sized.jpg

http://london.marknmel.com/albums/album ... .sized.jpg

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

kager

Post by kager » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:03 am

We seem to have consumed more CC12 in the past 30-45 days than in all of the previous 2 years. I have witnessed die-hard Crown Royal enthusiasts pull into the CC driveway after a sip or two of this.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:58 pm

kager wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:03 am
We seem to have consumed more CC12 in the past 30-45 days than in all of the previous 2 years. I have witnessed die-hard Crown Royal enthusiasts pull into the CC driveway after a sip or two of this.
I always keep a bottle of Crown on the shelf for guests. I was having a small get together just after Christmas and while picking up some things at Costco, I purchased a bottle of the Kirkland Brand Canadian Whisky and hid the bottle of Crown. At the price point, I wouldn't get upset if some heathen used it with a mixer.

You know, although I'm a Bourbon kind of guy, and do like the Kirkland Small Batch Bourbon, I enjoyed the Kirkland Canadian on waterless rocks. You certainly can't beat the price.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:21 pm

How prevalent is Canadian whisky in the US market? Is it just a niche product?

In Canada just about everyone drinks Canadian Whisky except for the few who drink Scotch.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:31 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:21 pm

In Canada just about everyone drinks Canadian Whisky except for the few who drink Scotch.
Things are cyclical. Right now Bourbon's are the "in thing" much to the chagrin of us long time bourbon people because it has driven the price up. Canadian whisky is still pretty prevalent although I don't think it's quite as popular as it was years ago.

I remember my father always having a bottle of Canadian Club in his cabinet. When he would have a "boiler maker" with one of his friends and drink it straight up, CC was his go to. If he was going to make a whisky mixed drink, he used Kessler. He always said, "If your going to pour whisky in coke or 7-up don't use the good stuff,"

My 75 year old sister is a Black Velvet fan and drinks it with a splash of 7-Up. I remember 7 and 7's being served at pretty much every wedding reception I attended in my younger days.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

kager

Post by kager » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:33 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:31 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

Things are cyclical. Right now Bourbon's are the "in thing" much to the chagrin of us long time bourbon people because it has driven the price up. Canadian whisky is still pretty prevalent although I don't think it's quite as popular as it was years ago.

I remember my father always having a bottle of Canadian Club in his cabinet. When he would have a "boiler maker" with one of his friends and drink it straight up, CC was his go to. If he was going to make a whisky mixed drink, he used Kessler. He always said, "If your going to pour whisky in coke or 7-up don't use the good stuff,"

My 75 year old sister is a Black Velvet fan and drinks it with a splash of 7-Up. I remember 7 and 7's being served at pretty much every wedding reception I attended in my younger days.
Brings back memories, Bryce. A modified CC waterback (just whisky and water) was Dad's choice; when I got old enough to join him, my water was always frozen. Haven't had BV or S7 since I've been able to afford not to, but varieties have expanded so much, it's no longer just about the cost.

Thanks for the tip on the Kirkland Canadian. I've a friend with dual citizenship (Costco _and_ Sam's), so maybe he'll snag a trial for me. :blink

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:35 pm

kager wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:33 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:31 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

Brings back memories, Bryce. A modified CC waterback (just whisky and water) was Dad's choice; when I got old enough to join him, my water was always frozen. Haven't had BV or S7 since I've been able to afford not to, but varieties have expanded so much, it's no longer just about the cost.

Thanks for the tip on the Kirkland Canadian. I've a friend with dual citizenship (Costco _and_ Sam's), so maybe he'll snag a trial for me. :blink
FWIW, THE Kirkland Small Batch 7 year bourbon is distilled by Jim Beam. Perfect for old fashioned's.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:33 pm

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:16 pm

For those of you that like your whisky chilled, but hate the thought of it becoming diluted, I have found these to be just what the Dr. ordered.

As a bonus, I can tell people I have balls of steel.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:34 pm

How big are they? I'd be afraid of bruising my lip or cracking a tooth.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:39 pm

Whiskey neat, all day, everyday.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:57 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:34 pm
:) Just the perfect size for a rock glass...

Image[/url]

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:50 pm

Bet that Scotch is smooth....

Habs fan, Bryce?

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:13 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:57 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:34 pm
:) Just the perfect size for a rock glass...

Image[/url]

Looks about the size of a billiard ball. That could could hurt.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic