Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga...

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga...

Post by Bryce » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:22 pm

Ought to take notes...

THIS is talent!

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Calvert DeForest

Re: Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga...

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:55 am

Miley who? :razz

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:05 am

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:55 am
Miley who? :razz
Yes. And also Lady who?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

kager

Post by kager » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:27 pm

Different genres.

Different generations.

Big gaps in both.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:57 pm

kager wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:27 pm
Different genres.

Different generations.

Big gaps in both.
I would submit that true talent is timeless and is relevant across genre and generation.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

kager

Post by kager » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:25 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:57 pm
I would submit that true talent is timeless and is relevant across genre and generation.
You won't get any disagreement here. I just have no desire to _ever_ see either of those two covering TT's material (unless it's in a comedy skit.)

TT is (was - when active) a class act, but was in her mid-40's when her 'comeback' career peaked back in the 80's... she was much older & more mature than either of the other two (they being either in diapers or not yet conceived) were when their major 'success' hit them, and didn't have the luxury of today's social / media / promotion machinery working for her. A lot of road time for Tina, I'm sure... and a lot of covers vs. TT originals. She's great at taking others' tunes and making them her own.

Can't say I'm a fan of either of the other two, but can appreciate some of their success and longevity thus far. (Hey, someone able to navigate a music career out of the shadows of dad's "Achy Breaky Heart" has something going for them! :lol ) They aren't one-hit wonders in their own right, but kinda doubt either will have the longevity of TT. Few will.

Hard to believe she turned 80 last month!

Seems like just yesterday she was touring, with Glenn Frey opening...

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tina-tur ... 6681a.html

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic