Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I'm bored...entertain me.

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Mega Hertz

Re: I'm bored...entertain me.

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:14 pm

I appreciate the help, AP! The power went out again briefly yesterday (though I was at work, only heard about it) so I'll keep these in the bank ;)

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:28 pm

That's a good idea. I take it you don't have much else in the "bank" :)

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:03 am

If I don't have my tunes, I'm at a loss. I do have a portable turntable/bluetooth, but even that runs out of juice eventually. I keep trying to tell her we need to invest in a generator, even if it's small and we have to put it on credit. We threw out over $200 worth of food. That hurts. Plus, the two little kids. So we have to think smart.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:28 am

Why don't cannibals eat clowns?

They taste funny

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:36 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:03 am
If I don't have my tunes, I'm at a loss. I do have a portable turntable/bluetooth, but even that runs out of juice eventually. I keep trying to tell her we need to invest in a generator, even if it's small and we have to put it on credit. We threw out over $200 worth of food. That hurts. Plus, the two little kids. So we have to think smart.
You would have saved money:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/produ ... _vc=-10005

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:48 am

We have lost power so often because we live on an island and have lots of trees. I installed a 5kw generator that is plumbed to my natural gas. I have to manually switch it over but it has saved my hide numerous times, once for 8 days.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic