Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Go Home Flatlanders! I Don't Care About Your Shitty Money!

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 4520

Go Home Flatlanders! I Don't Care About Your Shitty Money!

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:57 am

Talk about rude ass bitches! They think when they come up north that everyone owes them something. I am tired of their rudeness and behavior. Some were good but many were not. Retail is a thankless job. Getting yelled at by customers for things you have absolutely ZERO control over. It doesn't help we are mostly understaffed on holiday weekends.

Realist

Re: Go Home Flatlanders! I Don't Care About Your Shitty Money!

Post by Realist » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:43 pm

I live in Northern Michigan in a tourist town and can COMPLETELY relate even though I’m not in retail. Too many terrorists, er, tourists come up here, think there are no laws and that they can do whatever they want. I don’t think so....

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:25 pm

Charge more money to visit and the quality of your visitors will improve.

Here's an interesting idea: Charge a fee just enter your community.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:07 am

It isn't just a "Flatlander in Northern Michigan" problem. People are just ruder in general. Life has become busier and more hectic, and that breeds aggressiveness. People leave busy places to vacation in busy places among other tourists who do the same. Some of the best places we've vacationed are those without the tourist atmosphere (Beaver Island and St. Joseph Island in Ontario come to mind). It's amazing to see how calm people become when the pace of their surroundings slows down.

I see the masses of traffic rushing up north every Friday to grab that quick weekend getaway and it makes me chuckle. Not that I don't appreciate the beauty of Northern Michigan, but I can find several places with the "up north" feel within 10 miles of my house. Saves a ton on gas and hotels, and I don't have to worry about road construction and stop-and-go traffic.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic