All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Plant Based Meat Substitute Products

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Plant Based Meat Substitute Products

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:02 pm

Have any of you tried any of these? In the supermarket today, the lady was cooking up patties of these products then cutting them up into small pieces and passing out samples to the customers.

I tried a couple of different ones. They were OK. They were sort of appetizing, in their own way. But they bore zero resemblance to meat in either flavour or texture. They each just tasted like the vegetable from which they had been made. Beans, peas, rhubarb etc..

They might be OK as a side dish with my meat. But I would never eat them instead of meat.