Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Vernors

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
stopnswop2

Vernors

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:30 pm

So, I absolutely hate Vernors.
Am I crazy or does anyone else hate it too?

I LOVE Canada Dry though.

Music is my life.

ZenithCKLW

Re: Vernors

Post by ZenithCKLW » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:01 pm

Reverse that for me. Vernor’s has recently become my new go-to when I want some pop.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:04 pm

I keep giving it another shot every once in a while, hoping to eventually just like it... nope, hasn't happened

Music is my life.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:09 pm

I like it cuz it doesn’t mess with my stomach like other colas. The acid from others causes severe pain but Vernor’s is A-OK 👌

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:11 pm

What about Canada Dry?

Music is my life.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:16 pm

It’s been many years, but I remember the taste being “sharper”, whatever that means. That’s not a criticism, I just feel like Vernor’s is a bit smoother. But everyone has their own tastes.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:37 am

Vernors is great with some Jim Beam. But back on track I find that Vernors and Canada Dry, and Schwepps are all ginger ale but all taste different.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:52 am

Vernors by itself does not taste good and is a product I would never buy. I'm with you on this, stopnswop.

That said - there are many flavors of soda I do not like. I don't like Cherry Coke, Dr. Pepper or just about anything made by Faygo.

I'm not a 7-Up fan these days, either. I strongly prefer Sprite. So does most of the country; 7-Up isn't even in the top 10 soda brands (based on sales) anymore.

I'm glad the brand has a devout following, though. Always good to see a locally-based consumer products business do well.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Radiohead

Post by Radiohead » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:39 am

Vernors is one of my favorites, second only to RC. I wish they would bring back Nehi cherry pop. (Not the creme soda) It had the best cherry flavor!

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:42 am

Radiohead wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:39 am
Vernors is one of my favorites, second only to RC. I wish they would bring back Nehi cherry pop. (Not the creme soda) It had the best cherry flavor!
Oh I've never heard of Nehi Cherry Pop!
But maybe that is because i'm not a fan of any cherry flavoured drinks.
Cherry flavored liquid medicine as a kid ruined that for me, haha.

When was the drink around though?

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:48 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:52 am
Vernors by itself does not taste good and is a product I would never buy. I'm with you on this, stopnswop.

That said - there are many flavors of soda I do not like. I don't like Cherry Coke, Dr. Pepper or just about anything made by Faygo.

I'm not a 7-Up fan these days, either. I strongly prefer Sprite. So does most of the country; 7-Up isn't even in the top 10 soda brands (based on sales) anymore.

I'm glad the brand has a devout following, though. Always good to see a locally-based consumer products business do well.
Locally based is loose... very loose... it’s owned by Dr. Pepper/Seven-Up out of Texas. However it is essentially a Michigan thing and has a very limited distribution area despite its out of state ownership...

Radiohead

Post by Radiohead » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:52 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:42 am
Radiohead wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:39 am
Oh I've never heard of Nehi Cherry Pop!
But maybe that is because i'm not a fan of any cherry flavoured drinks.
Cherry flavored liquid medicine as a kid ruined that for me, haha.

When was the drink around though?
Last I remember seeing it was around the mid seventies.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:58 am

A glass of Vernor's with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is a favorite summer time treat. Only time I drink it solo is if I have a sore throat or the flu. Seems to help.

Root beer works really well with ice cream too!

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:22 pm

How about some real true Ginger Beer non-alcoholic of course, get the good stuff from down under there are hundreds of brands, but check it out.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:30 pm

A glass of Vernor's with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is a favorite summer time treat. Only time I drink it solo is if I have a sore throat or the flu. Seems to help.
Now, THAT sounds good!

Mixes well with other things for sure, I just cannot drink it straight.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic