All accepted registrations through November 16 at 7:00a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Name The Beer

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
kager

Re: Name The Beer

Post by kager » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:30 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:51 am
In my hotel in GA, a guy in the elevator tried to engage me in a conversation. I had trouble understanding him. Told him I have difficulty with the southern accents. He told me he's from Northern Michigan. That wasn't you, was it?
Nah, flight was direct from DTW to MIA. Plus, you'd be able to understand me - I used to be in radio ... :lol:

Some folks from da UP (true Northern Michigan) - a.k.a. Yoopers - do have an accent reminiscent of the pregnant police chief in the movie, Fargo, but where I'm from, we're pretty much considered 'accentless'.

As for the beer, well, yes I did enjoy it. There's only one person here on the board I thought for sure would get it, even though it's made several appearances in this thread over the years, but he didn't show and I didn't leave much a clue... so - back by popular demand:

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:07 pm

Wish I would've stopped by. Most likely would have gotten it due to the fact you said you were in Florida. That's my go too beer while visiting the penis state.

Cain killed Abel with a rock. God blamed Cain, NOT the rock.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:40 pm

My only experience with the brand came while I was delayed for several hours at the airport in Pittsburgh due to a snow storm. A bar in the terminal was featuring it on special and the bar maid insisted I try it. So I did, a few times.

WZRC 1067

Post by WZRC 1067 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:04 am

It's a bit overrated IMO but the Black and Tan is awesome

Top of the hour ID's at there best:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCadF_l ... jJNb0WMM5w

kager

Post by kager » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:44 pm

No glass, no class.

Drinkin' it straight outta the product conveyance vessel this time:

Even non-drinkin' Googlrs should be able to get this.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:28 pm

BALLAST POINT ALOHA SCULPIN

kager

Post by kager » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:27 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:28 pm
BALLAST POINT ALOHA SCULPIN

Picked up a 6 'cuz a co-worker who lives where it's brewed said it was popular there...

IDK, perhaps during the Santa Anna winds?

I'm applying the 2nd definition of Aloha to this one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic