HAPPY NEW YEAR from the Buzzboard! All accepted registrations through January 12, 2019 at 9:00a ET have been activated. -M.W.

Add Another To The List

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
NS8401

Re: Add Another To The List

Post by NS8401 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:14 pm

Turkeytop wrote:Shoppers Drug Mart
And they committed what crime?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:56 pm

Ikea.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:38 pm

Turkeytop wrote:Ikea.
What'd they do?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:11 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:Ikea.
What'd they do?

IKEA doesn't have a store here. The nearest one is in Burlington, about 60 miles away.

Last year they announced they were trying out this great, new concept here. They built a depot where customers could pick up items they had ordered online from IKEA. The idea was that if it works out here, they'll get rid of all their brick and mortar stores and replace them with these depots.

For the privilege of this convenient way of shopping, the customer pays a fee of $25. Whether you order a $2 coffee mug or a $200 chair, they tack an additional $25 on to the invoice. I've never in my life shopped online and I don't intend to start.

They do have a small selection of household goods in the store that you can buy. Last week my wife asked me to take here there to buy a towel or something. While she shopped I busied myself at this touch screen kiosk where the customer can report their satisfaction with their shopping experience. They ask you to rank on a scale of 1 to 10 your satisfaction on several different factors.

Convenience? Zero

Product selection and availability? Zero

Restaurant? Zero (there isn't one)

Not wanting to be too negative, I looked for questions where I could give a higher score.

Any questions related to employees, I gave them a high ranking. When asked about the parking lot, I scored a 10. It's pretty hard to find fault with an empty parking lot.

When asked about the checkout experience I gave a 10 What could possibly go wrong? There was no lineup.

Just then, my wife called me over to the checkout. She asked me to get out my credit card. IKEA doesn't accept cash. Whatever happened to the old fashioned notion of legal tender?

Now I have to go back there one last time to do the questionnaire over again.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:41 pm

Turkeytop wrote:May as well add Home Depot Tool Rentals to the list. This isn't about any specific incident. It's just a realization that came to me today, when the chainsaw wouldn't start, that every tool I've ever rented from any Home Depot anywhere has been no good.

From now on, I either hire someone to do the job, or I buy my own tool and do it myself.
Just add the entire Home Depot to the list.

Our local store has replaced all of the regular checkouts with self checkout terminals. The only checkout that is manned is the contractor's checkout where you have to line up behind the guys buying a truckload of everything to build a house.

While you're waiting in line, they have a woman going along offering to train you on the use of self checkout.

Tonight I was at Lowe's. They have only one self checkout and the rest of them are real. No one was using the self checkout.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:15 pm

Turkeytop wrote:So today, just to be fair, I decided to give Bob Evans a second chance. Stood inside the door for twenty minutes and no one took me to a table. The woman was shouting something at me but I couldn't hear what she was saying. She kept pointing her finger to the door. I finally walked out. That's it for Bob Evans.

My scathing review must have put a crimp in their bottom line. They're giving up on this location and moving to a new one. (next door)

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:54 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:So today, just to be fair, I decided to give Bob Evans a second chance. Stood inside the door for twenty minutes and no one took me to a table. The woman was shouting something at me but I couldn't hear what she was saying. She kept pointing her finger to the door. I finally walked out. That's it for Bob Evans.

My scathing review must have put a crimp in their bottom line. They're giving up on this location and moving to a new one. (next door)

:rollin

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:20 am

Should they be located, "Down on the farm?"

There sure isn't as much excitement, fawning, or adulation over our first orange president as there was over our first black one. Evidently, orange really isn't the new black.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:21 pm

Steak'n Shake. Their fries are cold.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Florida man arrested after fight over cold fries at Steak 'n Shake

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. - A Florida man was arrested on a misdemeanor battery charge Thursday morning after a dispute over cold fries left a Steak 'n Shake employee with bruises.

According to a St. Johns County Sheriff's Office report, Tavares Jones, 25, told deputies he called them because he was given cold fries, and when he asked for a new batch and ketchup, the employee cursed him and slammed the sliding drive-thru window in his face. Jones told police that when the employee threw restaurant items at him, he got out of his car and threw them back at her.

Jones told deputies he did not make any physical contact with the employee, according to the report.

Deputies observed that the employee had a bruise on her arm. She told deputies, "When the customer became outraged over the fries, he reached through the drive-thru window and pulled me close and punched me on my left arm."

Another employee who witnessed the incident said he saw Jones throw his drink through the drive-thru window and "began screaming inappropriate comments and started throwing punches" at the employee. "Then he told her to come outside and fight."

Jones was booked into the St. Johns County Jail on a $1,500 bond and as of Thursday afternoon, he was still listed as being in jail.

According to the SJSO Inmate Search, Jones has previously been arrested in St. Johns County for battery, larceny and disorderly intoxication.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/trending-now ... /476860147

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:32 pm

Turkeytop wrote:Steak'n Shake. Their fries are cold.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Florida man arrested after fight over cold fries at Steak 'n Shake

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. - A Florida man was arrested on a misdemeanor battery charge Thursday morning after a dispute over cold fries left a Steak 'n Shake employee with bruises.

According to a St. Johns County Sheriff's Office report, Tavares Jones, 25, told deputies he called them because he was given cold fries, and when he asked for a new batch and ketchup, the employee cursed him and slammed the sliding drive-thru window in his face. Jones told police that when the employee threw restaurant items at him, he got out of his car and threw them back at her.

Jones told deputies he did not make any physical contact with the employee, according to the report.

Deputies observed that the employee had a bruise on her arm. She told deputies, "When the customer became outraged over the fries, he reached through the drive-thru window and pulled me close and punched me on my left arm."

Another employee who witnessed the incident said he saw Jones throw his drink through the drive-thru window and "began screaming inappropriate comments and started throwing punches" at the employee. "Then he told her to come outside and fight."

Jones was booked into the St. Johns County Jail on a $1,500 bond and as of Thursday afternoon, he was still listed as being in jail.

According to the SJSO Inmate Search, Jones has previously been arrested in St. Johns County for battery, larceny and disorderly intoxication.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/trending-now ... /476860147
I hear the fries are cold in jail too...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:51 pm

Blue Lagoon Car Wash, Seminole FL.

Usually I hand was my own car in the driveway. But when we arrived here the car was dirty from the drive down and I was too busy to wash it. So I took it in to the Blue Lagoon, touch free, automatic car wash.

I could have got it cleaner by spitting on it. There was no detergent in the wash, the water was cold, and the pressure was about equal to what one expect from a sprinkling can.

The car came out just as dirty as it went in. The only difference, my wallet was $6 lighter.

Won't be back there again. No second chances for Blue Lagoon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic