All accepted registrations through March 25, 2019 at 8:30p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Food Pics

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

Re: Food Pics

Post by Bryce » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:47 am

Love Pink wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Love Pink wrote:
Bryce wrote:You wouldn't believe how good the canned fish is in Japan. Sardines seem better and the canned tuna superb.
Probably because it's fresh. Even their canned fish is probably far fresher than anything here.
You got that right. It's so fresh that it pinched my ass on the way out the store.
That might have just been a random pervert.
Either way, I rather enjoyed it.

There sure isn't as much excitement, fawning, or adulation over our first orange president as there was over our first black one. Evidently, orange really isn't the new black.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:20 am

Spam on white bread, slathered in Mayo. Rich in fat, salt and carbs. A cardiac event in waiting. But I love it. One of my guilty pleasures.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:20 am

You really need to visit Guam and parts of Japan. They worship Spam. Restaurants have Spam as a selection, along with the traditional chicken, beef and seafood, with just about every dish.

Some places even use spam in their sushi rolls. It's unbelievable.

Might be hard to find mayo though.

There sure isn't as much excitement, fawning, or adulation over our first orange president as there was over our first black one. Evidently, orange really isn't the new black.

Love Pink

Post by Love Pink » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:24 am

Bryce wrote:You really need to visit Guam and parts of Japan. They worship Spam. Restaurants have Spam as a selection, along with the traditional chicken, beef and seafood, with just about every dish.

Japan!? Really? I know about Hawaii and the cult of Spam, but I had no idea that the Japanese people have a deep love of Spam too. I thought the Spam sushi rolls were a Hawaiian specialty.

♪♫Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Muah Muah Muah Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it She's kissing, she's kissing, she's kissing so quick♫♪

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:41 am

Love Pink wrote:
Bryce wrote:You really need to visit Guam and parts of Japan. They worship Spam. Restaurants have Spam as a selection, along with the traditional chicken, beef and seafood, with just about every dish.

Japan!? Really? I know about Hawaii and the cult of Spam, but I had no idea that the Japanese people have a deep love of Spam too. I thought the Spam sushi rolls were a Hawaiian specialty.
Certainly not all of Japan. Hard pressed to find it on a menu in say Tokyo, but Okinawa for instance, it's everywhere. May have something to do with U.S. occupation that started years ago. IE Rations

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:55 pm

Breakfast today

Scrambled eggs, SPAM, toast, OJ.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:28 pm

When mama and the kids are gone for the weekend, I get to fix what I like. Dinner tonight was:

Bacon wrapped tenderloin served over grilled asparagus with a drizzle of bearnaise and a grilled peach with goat cheese and balsamic vinegar for desert.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:36 pm

I too enjoy cooking for myself when Turkette is away. But I never make it look that fancy.

Is this post also, Guess The Wine?

BTW. Thanks for reviving this thread. I wondered where it had gone.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:27 am

Might this thread bring out an old friend from Ohio?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:41 am

audiophile wrote:Might this thread bring out an old friend from Ohio?
You mean Mr. Noodles?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:14 pm

LOL

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:04 am

Turkeytop wrote:
audiophile wrote:Might this thread bring out an old friend from Ohio?
You mean Mr. Noodles?
You guys lost me here.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:55 am

The Ohio poster was famous for his pictures with noodles.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:13 pm

Today's lunch.

Smoked Sausage in a bun. Glass of milk.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:13 am

Turkeytop wrote:Today's lunch.

Smoked Sausage in a bun. Glass of milk.

That actually looks pretty good.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic