All accepted registrations through March 25, 2019 at 8:30p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Food Pics

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: Food Pics

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:56 pm

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:12 pm

Turkeytop wrote:Image
This says Florida to me...

© 2019 TC Talks ltd. Assembled in U.S.A.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:47 pm

TC Talks wrote:This says Florida to me...
A lot of things say Florida.

jry

Post by jry » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:47 pm

Too much sun, TT.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:31 am

First beer in Tokyo. Was a draft from an airport kiosk. Not sure what exactly it was, but it tasted like an American Lager.

Oddly, I think I like the taste of Japanese Coke better than the home version.

There sure isn't as much excitement, fawning, or adulation over our first orange president as there was over our first black one. Evidently, orange really isn't the new black.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:57 am

Hotel Room Dinner.

Picked this up in the hot prepared food section of the grocery down the street from my hotel. Consisted of 2 pieces of filet of chicken breast, a slice of smoked salmon and a large piece of shrimp tempura. Rice of course and a cabbage slaw and the green stuff that looked like spinach but tasted better. All this for 280 yen. About 2.70 U.S. Such a deal.

Don't mean to brag, but I'm getting pretty damn good with chop sticks.

There sure isn't as much excitement, fawning, or adulation over our first orange president as there was over our first black one. Evidently, orange really isn't the new black.

Love Pink

Post by Love Pink » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:30 am

I so jealous of you guys. I would looooooooooove to go to Japan. I never got around to traveling there and unfortunately felons usually aren't granted passports or visas. I can't even get into Canada anymore.

♪♫Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Muah Muah Muah Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it She's kissing, she's kissing, she's kissing so quick♫♪

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:45 pm

Today's Breakfast

Sardines, cottage cheese with hot pepper rings, toast, OJ.

No paint.

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:11 am

ewww....

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:38 am

Turkeytop wrote:Today's Breakfast

No paint.

Not getting the pepper rings on the cottage cheese, but everything else looks tasty. The bread the toast was made out of looks especially good. Ain't no Wonder Bread that's for sure.

You wouldn't believe how good the canned fish is in Japan. Sardines seem better and the canned tuna superb.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:48 am

Bryce wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:Today's Breakfast

No paint.

Not getting the pepper rings on the cottage cheese, but everything else looks tasty. The bread the toast was made out of looks especially good. Ain't no Wonder Bread that's for sure.

You wouldn't believe how good the canned fish is in Japan. Sardines seem better and the canned tuna superb.
Lotsa Mercury too I would imagine... Most wild caught fish has it..

Love Pink

Post by Love Pink » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:06 am

Bryce wrote:You wouldn't believe how good the canned fish is in Japan. Sardines seem better and the canned tuna superb.
Probably because it's fresh. Even their canned fish is probably far fresher than anything here.

♪♫Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Muah Muah Muah Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it She's kissing, she's kissing, she's kissing so quick♫♪

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:20 am

NS8401 wrote: Lotsa Mercury too I would imagine... Most wild caught fish has it..
It kind of depends on a few factors including where and what they feed on and their location in the food chain.

This is a pretty good source of info to pick a relatively safe fish.
http://www.nrdc.org/health/effects/mercury/guide.asp

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:14 am

Love Pink wrote:
Bryce wrote:You wouldn't believe how good the canned fish is in Japan. Sardines seem better and the canned tuna superb.
Probably because it's fresh. Even their canned fish is probably far fresher than anything here.
You got that right. It's so fresh that it pinched my ass on the way out the store.

Love Pink

Post by Love Pink » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:37 am

Bryce wrote:
Love Pink wrote:
You got that right. It's so fresh that it pinched my ass on the way out the store.
That might have just been a random pervert.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic