All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Food Pics

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

Re: Food Pics

Post by Bryce » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:27 am

SoupySez wrote:
That actually looks fairly appetizing. Of course, I like cheese and crackers anyway. Have since I was a kid. And crackers with spinach dip is good, as is salmon spread.
If you haven't tried the canned mackerel fillets, do so. I discovered them quite by accident and except for fresh caught and pan fried perch and walleye, they've become my favorite fish.

If you have a really big butt, can you get away with doing things half-assed?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:30 am

Motown322 wrote:I'm gonna get diarrhea just looking at that plate... :lol
I guess when a persons digestive system becomes accustomed to a steady diet is fire hot cheetos and grape coolaid it may indeed reject healthy foodstuffs.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:31 am

Bryce wrote: If you haven't tried the canned mackerel fillets, do so.
I've used canned mackerel as a substitute for tuna in a tuna salad sandwich. I've also used it in some soups

testing...testing...1...2...3...4

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:21 pm

Bryce wrote: I guess when a persons digestive system becomes accustomed to a steady diet is fire hot cheetos and grape coolaid it may indeed reject healthy foodstuffs.
Oh... I get it. Real subtle.

You old folks sure take things seriously around here. And I'm sure canned mackerel that's swimming in oil and sodium is at the height of the nutrition pyramid.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:11 pm

Motown322 wrote: You old folks sure take things seriously around here. And I'm sure canned mackerel that's swimming in oil and sodium is at the height of the nutrition pyramid.
I can't speak for the other old folks around here but I buy Mackerel packed in water. :D

testing...testing...1...2...3...4

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:19 pm

craig11152 wrote: I can't speak for the other old folks around here but I buy Mackerel packed in water. :D
Pffftt... packed in water. That's for sissy hippies. :D

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:24 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Bryce wrote: I guess when a persons digestive system becomes accustomed to a steady diet is fire hot cheetos and grape coolaid it may indeed reject healthy foodstuffs.
Oh... I get it. Real subtle.

You old folks sure take things seriously around here. And I'm sure canned mackerel that's swimming in oil and sodium is at the height of the nutrition pyramid.
Serious? Nah. I thought it was a most humorous retort for your dis of my hotel room culinary adventure.

All the guys at the rest home thought it was a real gasser too.

And yes, always packed in water. Packed in olive oil isn't too bad either.

Love Pink

Post by Love Pink » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:54 am

Bryce wrote:And yes, always packed in water. Packed in olive oil isn't too bad either.
Isn't it a little redundant to buy them packed in oil since fish like mackerel or sardines are naturally oily fish already? Granted olive oil is very healthy and might help enhance vitamin absorption for those with absorption issues, but I would just think of it as oil overkill. I would need a Zantac appetizer with something like that.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:34 pm

Breakfast Today.

Liver pate' on toasted English Muffin. Apple juice.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:08 am

Turkeytop wrote:Breakfast Today.

Liver pate' on toasted English Muffin. Apple juice.

That is the cleanest table I have ever seen...

© 2019 TC Talks ltd. Assembled in U.S.A.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:07 am

My wife is a neat freak. Mustn't get crumbs on the table.

Love Pink

Post by Love Pink » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:59 am

Pate... eww. Turkeytop, you must have an iron stomach.

I should have taken pics of the sushi plate my husband prepared for me on my birthday back on Sunday. It was so colorful and pretty. Most importantly, it was very yummy. The salmon was so fresh and tasty, I could have just had nothing but salmon sashimi and been plenty satisfied. One of the reasons why I love sushi and basically all Japanese food is because it is always served in very neat, colorful, and shapely displays. I make bento box style lunches for people all the time because I love prepping take-along meals Japanese style. It appeals to my obsessive need to make my food neat and pretty.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:07 pm

Peanuts

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:09 pm

Breakfast Today.

Eggs, beans, toast, O.J.

Love Pink

Post by Love Pink » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:38 am

That breakfast actually sounds really good. It looks both very nutritious and filling(also quite healthy too). Are those beans flavored in any way?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic