Apologies for the temporary site outage from approximately 1PM ET on Monday, December 11 through the pre-dawn hours of Tuesday. The Buzzboard was targeted (yet again) by a hacker, this time from the Middle East. The site was able to be restored using a backup file from early Sunday morning.

More info on the attack can be found here:
https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=45907

Check out the Buzzboard's newest forum - the Buzzboard Marketplace.
Find it here: http://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=31

Food Pics

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 2154
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Food Pics

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:30 pm

Today's breakfast.

Toast, sardines with a dollop of sour cream and hot peppers, dill pickle, V8 juice.

Image



User avatar
Love Pink
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:21 pm
Location: Mt. Clemens, MI

Re: Food Pics

Post by Love Pink » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:28 am

I feel sorry for your toilet


♪♫Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Muah Muah Muah Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it She's kissing, she's kissing, she's kissing so quick♫♪

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 2154
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Food Pics

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:14 pm

Love Pink wrote:I feel sorry for your toilet
LOL, Pink. I feel sory for anyone's toilet. Is there a toilet anywhere that you envy?

Toilet has to be the worst gig in the house. I'd rather be the coffee maker.



User avatar
Love Pink
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:21 pm
Location: Mt. Clemens, MI

Re: Food Pics

Post by Love Pink » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:58 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Love Pink wrote:I feel sorry for your toilet
LOL, Pink. I feel sory for anyone's toilet. Is there a toilet anywhere that you envy?

Toilet has to be the worst gig in the house. I'd rather be the coffee maker.
I would rather be a cookie jar. It's not an appliance technically, but it's the best thing in the the kitchen(in my opinion anyway). A cookie jar usually comes in the form of some adorable character from pop culture or another cute or beautiful design. It holds a food that is not only unbelievably delicious, but also transcends every demographic. Everyone loves cookies. Every home should have a cookie jar. If I were a cookie jar, I would be the cutest Winnie The Pooh cookie jar and would be full of warm, gooey chocolate chip or M&M cookies or yummy, soft, frosted Lofthouse style cookies.


♪♫Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Muah Muah Muah Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it She's kissing, she's kissing, she's kissing so quick♫♪

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 2154
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Food Pics

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:58 pm

Today's lunch, Tuna Melt with cauliflower and V8 juice.

Image



User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Food Pics

Post by TC Talks » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:29 pm

Are you trying to win us over to the Canadian cuisine or keep us from wanting to visit. I have to tell you, it might work if it weren't for Tim Horton.

It's apple season here...
Image


(C) 2018 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 2154
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Food Pics

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:18 pm

Labatt Crystal Lager. Made right here in London, but very little is sold here. Only a few of the Beer Stores stock it and I don't know of any bars here that sell it. Isn't much demand for it around here. Up north, where we used to live, it was a very popular brand. It had an almost cult-like following, especially with the guys in the Union. So I bought some this week for old times sake.

Four of my old friends of the cult are no longer around. One died of a heart attack. Another committed suicide. One returned to Scotland. The fourth, so I've heard, is in jail for something.

I don't believe that any of these outcomes were related to the beer. But, then again, maybe they all were.

Image



User avatar
Love Pink
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:21 pm
Location: Mt. Clemens, MI

Re: Food Pics

Post by Love Pink » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:19 am

TC Talks wrote:It's apple season here...
I have a bushel of Michigan-grown Honeycrisp apples that are making my kitchen smell so yummy right now. When I bite into one, it's like fresh apple cider(not the hard kind).


♪♫Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Muah Muah Muah Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it She's kissing, she's kissing, she's kissing so quick♫♪

User avatar
moldyoldie
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:04 am
Location: On that thar' interweb jobber

Re: Food Pics

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:58 am

Love Pink wrote:
TC Talks wrote:It's apple season here...
I have a bushel of Michigan-grown Honeycrisp apples that are making my kitchen smell so yummy right now. When I bite into one, it's like fresh apple cider(not the hard kind).
Galas are the variety of choice here ever since they were introduced. They seem to stay firm forever, even when cut up and air-dried in a dish!


"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

User avatar
Love Pink
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:21 pm
Location: Mt. Clemens, MI

Re: Food Pics

Post by Love Pink » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:34 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Love Pink wrote:
TC Talks wrote:It's apple season here...
I have a bushel of Michigan-grown Honeycrisp apples that are making my kitchen smell so yummy right now. When I bite into one, it's like fresh apple cider(not the hard kind).
Galas are the variety of choice here ever since they were introduced. They seem to stay firm forever, even when cut up and air-dried in a dish!
Galas are great too. I don't have a favorite kind of apple. I love them all. I buy whatever smells fragrant in the store because that is what will taste the best. MY preference is to buy them from an orchard or farmer's market, but I don't really get that option. The husband driving me around, taking time out of his day makes the choices.


♪♫Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Muah Muah Muah Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it She's kissing, she's kissing, she's kissing so quick♫♪

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2114
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Food Pics

Post by Bryce » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:20 pm

Dinning TurkeyTop Style...

I was out on assignment in Louisiana for three weeks. Got home last week and boom 6 days later I find myself in the great state of Texas for two more.

Eating in restaurants get old after a while and I find myself dinning in my hotel room to be a welcome change on occasion.

This is what I call a "Turkeytop Special".

Image

Mackerel Fillets with soda crackers
New York extra sharp cheddar cheese with Ritz crackers.
Kiwi fruit
Apple wedges
and most importantly a 25.4 oz can of Fosters.

Total cost with beverage, 6.95. Made out pretty good on the per diem tonight!


There sure isn't as much excitement, fawning, or adulation over our first orange president as there was over our first black one. Evidently, orange really isn't the new black.

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 2154
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Food Pics

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:32 pm

Enjoy, my friend. :)



User avatar
Motown322
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Food Pics

Post by Motown322 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:53 pm

I'm gonna get diarrhea just looking at that plate... :lol



SoupySez
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:48 pm

Re: Food Pics

Post by SoupySez » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:01 pm

Bryce wrote:Dinning TurkeyTop Style...

I was out on assignment in Louisiana for three weeks. Got home last week and boom 6 days later I find myself in the great state of Texas for two more.

Eating in restaurants get old after a while and I find myself dinning in my hotel room to be a welcome change on occasion.

This is what I call a "Turkeytop Special".

Image

Mackerel Fillets with soda crackers
New York extra sharp cheddar cheese with Ritz crackers.
Kiwi fruit
Apple wedges
and most importantly a 25.4 oz can of Fosters.

Total cost with beverage, 6.95. Made out pretty good on the per diem tonight!
That actually looks fairly appetizing. Of course, I like cheese and crackers anyway. Have since I was a kid. And crackers with spinach dip is good, as is salmon spread.



User avatar
Love Pink
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:21 pm
Location: Mt. Clemens, MI

Re: Food Pics

Post by Love Pink » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:31 am

Motown322 wrote:I'm gonna get diarrhea just looking at that plate... :lol
Beer shits?


♪♫Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it Muah Muah Muah Quickie-kiss-it Quickie-kiss-it She's kissing, she's kissing, she's kissing so quick♫♪

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic