Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tropical Depression #9

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
kager

Re: Tropical Depression #9

Post by kager » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:29 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:49 am
Hurricane shelter, here we come.
Be and stay safe, TT & Co.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:35 pm

Just made one last trip to the supermarket. Looking at people's carts, the hottest selling items seem to be water, ice and beer.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:35 am

Best of luck, TT. I wouldn’t mind if the storm takes DeSatan out. Everyone else, be safe; Disney Word and MCO Airport are closed for two days. That’s how you know it’s serious.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

kager

Post by kager » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:28 am

Thoughts and prayers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:09 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:41 am
The media hysteria is already off the charts with this tropical system.
Starting to look like this was justified. The forecasting for this storm was terrible in every way - strength (was forecast to make landfall as a Cat 1 or 2 up until recently, now looking to be a strong 4 or possibly even a 5), location (will hit further south than nearly every model run prior to today), and timing (earlier than expected).

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:42 am

On TV they're telling us to stay cautious saying "We aren't out of the woods yet."

We aren't even into the woods yet.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:19 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:56 pm

Legend has it that an old Seminole Chief who lived a couple of hundred years ago keeps watch over our town and protects us. I hope he's standing by.
The old chief came through for us in spades today. The storm changed its course at the last minute and went further south,

Today was just a breezy showery day here.

Radio Chili

Post by Radio Chili » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:43 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:35 am
Best of luck, TT. I wouldn’t mind if the storm takes DeSatan out. Everyone else, be safe; Disney Word and MCO Airport are closed for two days. That’s how you know it’s serious.
Check yourself into the nearest 'rubber room', kook.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:26 am

Radio Chili wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:43 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:35 am
Check yourself into the nearest 'rubber room', kook.
Oh, I am the kook? At least I don't believe that drag queens are the biggest threat to school children like DeSatan does.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

kager

Post by kager » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:37 am

One TV report pegged the death toll in FL from Ian at 17 so far, and expected to rise.

Meanwhile, The National Hood Ornament is out stating the storm “could be the deadliest hurricane in Florida’s history.”

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:25 am

kager wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:37 am
One TV report pegged the death toll in FL from Ian at 17 so far, and expected to rise.

Meanwhile, The National Hood Ornament is out stating the storm “could be the deadliest hurricane in Florida’s history.”
The all time high is 2500. The modern record is more attainable… 43.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:07 pm

Ice and bottled water are back in the stores now, but there are shortages in dairy. The dairy coolers in the stores are empty. Not just milk, but all dairy products. Looked yesterday and today for milk. There's none to be had. I'm glad I stocked up on cottage cheese before the storm.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:18 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:25 pm
So, I've had to temporarily surrender my working class credentials.

At my wife's urging I went out and got a cell phone to get us through the storm. The first month of the plan was included in the price. At the end of that month, I won't bother renewing. I'll put my working class hat back on.
I'm paid up to the end of this month, so I've been carrying it with me. Yesterday I got my first ever call. I was sitting on a bench outside a store where my wife was shopping and the phone started ringing. I couldn't imagine who would be calling me.

I fumbled around with the phone trying to figure out how to take the call. I kept tapping the telephone symbol, then realized I had to swipe up.

I held the phone to my ear but before I could even say hello, she was talking. Repeating over and over "I love you. I love You I love you. I love You. I love you. I love You. I love you. I love You I lo - - - - "

I said "Hello." interrupting her.

"What?" She asked. "Isn't this David?"

I told her "No."

"Oh God." She sounded horrified. "I called a wrong number. I'm so sorry." - - - -click.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:01 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:18 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:25 pm
So, I've had to temporarily surrender my working class credentials.

At my wife's urging I went out and got a cell phone to get us through the storm. The first month of the plan was included in the price. At the end of that month, I won't bother renewing. I'll put my working class hat back on.
I'm paid up to the end of this month, so I've been carrying it with me. Yesterday I got my first ever call. I was sitting on a bench outside a store where my wife was shopping and the phone started ringing. I couldn't imagine who would be calling me.

I fumbled around with the phone trying to figure out how to take the call. I kept tapping the telephone symbol, then realized I had to swipe up.

I held the phone to my ear but before I could even say hello, she was talking. Repeating over and over "I love you. I love You I love you. I love You. I love you. I love You. I love you. I love You I lo - - - - "

I said "Hello." interrupting her.

"What?" She asked. "Isn't this David?"

I told her "No."

"Oh God." She sounded horrified. "I called a wrong number. I'm so sorry." - - - -click.
LOL, you get love sonnets from random Che Guevara supporters in Florida.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:40 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:01 am

LOL, you get love sonnets from random Che Guevara supporters in Florida.

Here's my theory. David is some guy she met in the bar last night and they had a one night stand. She's smitten and believes it's true love. But David intentionally gave her a wrong phone number.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic