Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CKSY completely wiping out Royal Oak Twp translator at 94.3

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

CKSY completely wiping out Royal Oak Twp translator at 94.3

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:53 am

I live about 7 miles from the Eight Mile Rd towers, and there is zero sign (other than a little fuzziness) of Relevant Radio on 94.3 FM.

CKSY is completely wiping them out.

Pretty good tropo this morning.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Ben Zonia

Re: CKSY completely wiping out Royal Oak Twp translator at 94.3

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:15 am

I believe there may be stronger tropospheric scattering at medium distances from water droplets condensing on the wildfire smoke. I had 250 watt W244EN Bridge 96.7, from the WFUM 91.1 tower, and formerly Channel 28, booming in all the way to the Birch Run Outlet Stores. WFUM 91.1 was booming into Pinconning. WUOM 91.7 couldn't be heard at all, probably due to interference from WCML 91.7 and neither one capturing.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:59 pm

I’m spending the weekend at the family cottage outside of Lexington. The WBTI stick is less than 2 miles from me, so it usually booms in. But last night, it was struggling and fading in and out. Something was making its way in but I couldn’t identify it.

This morning I did a bandscan on my Eton Mini portable radio, and caught a lot of new stations ranging from Cleveland, Erie, Buffalo, and Toronto. No e-skip, but decent results. The bandscan caught something on almost every FM channel this morning.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:13 pm

Story about DX Capture on Long Island, NY.

https://bronx.news12.com/what-happened- ... -wildfires
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

k8jd

Post by k8jd » Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:27 pm

W232CA is listed as 99 Watts but up 899 Ft agl. Signal probably flies over your head :D

k8jd

Post by k8jd » Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:29 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:59 pm
I’m spending the weekend at the family cottage outside of Lexington. The WBTI stick is less than 2 miles from me, so it usually booms in. But last night, it was struggling and fading in and out. Something was making its way in but I couldn’t identify it.

This morning I did a bandscan on my Eton Mini portable radio, and caught a lot of new stations ranging from Cleveland, Erie, Buffalo, and Toronto. No e-skip, but decent results. The bandscan caught something on almost every FM channel this morning.
Sounds like strong Tropo ducting along weather fronts to our area. Also inversions over Lk Erie and even St Clair happen and VHF signals can get ducted.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic