Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hammarlund HQ 140

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
Turkeytop

Hammarlund HQ 140

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:35 pm

It's in near mint condition and he offered it to me for $30.

I would love to have it, in my own packrat sort of way. But I have so many good radios already
I can't possibly justify yet one more.

I would like to own it. It would look nice on my desk. But I probably would never use it.

So I turned it down.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Round Six

Re: Hammarlund HQ 140

Post by Round Six » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:57 am

I relate with you. I bought a Hallicrafters SX-130 because the price was right. When I bought the Hallicrafters, I give a Grundig portable to a friend. Should of kept the Grundig. The Hallicrafters is a nice tube type, but sure takes up a lot of space.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

k8jd

Re: Hammarlund HQ 140

Post by k8jd » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:32 pm

That was a great, old "Boat Anchor " of a radio.
I have had my share of old receivers donated or sold to me cheap as I was growing into the radio hobby.
I have had Hallicrafters, heathkit, hammarlund, RME, WW2 surplus of unknown manufacturer, and so on.
Sometimes a beat up, rusty, dubious looking radio will perform very well if the previous owners were good at maintenance.
And some times a pristine looking unit that looks like it just came off a dealers shelf, needs many hours of electronic repair work and alignment.
"You toss in your money and takes your chances" I once heard... :blink

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic