Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

searching for tramsmitter output power

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
bobhuge

searching for tramsmitter output power

Post by bobhuge » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:45 am

It seems like I have been through every piece of data I could find using the FCC's site in searching for a particular station's actual transmitter power output, and I cannot find anything.

Is there somewhere in the FCC's treasure chest of info that lists a stations transmitter power output?

Ben Zonia

Re: searching for tramsmitter output power

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:27 am

https://www.fccdata.org

Enter call letters. Look at the latest record that starts with L2C.

Simplest way. Not the actual FCC site. The older ones aren't in it, you have to go to the authorization tab, sometimes, or the History Card Link for really old ones.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

k8jd

Re: searching for tramsmitter output power

Post by k8jd » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:46 pm

Bobhuge & all, What kind of station are you looking at ?
All the AM stations I look up show what must be transmitter output power, or in directional arrays it's the power delivered to a common point going to the array...
FM is rated by ERP so you have to back up from a gain antenna system to get the actual transmitter power. ERP - antenna gain + trans line loss....= transmitter power . TV also can use this method.
Does this help what you are looking for?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic