Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Complete Listing of Ontario Radio Stations

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
Turkeytop

Complete Listing of Ontario Radio Stations

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:28 pm

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 15840

Re: Complete Listing of Ontario Radio Stations

Post by Deleted User 15840 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:39 pm

This list is up to date and much appreciated. Thanks, Turkeytop.

k8jd

Post by k8jd » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:02 am

I see there are very few AM stations left.
The folks who live way out in the bush need to put up high FM antennas aimed at the nearest towns. or get Sirius !

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:24 pm

For many years I lived up in Bruce County at the northern end of Lake Huron. There were a couple of AMs up there, but I never listened to them. During the day, I got AM from Toronto, Windsor or Detroit. At night, just about anything in North America east of the Mississippi.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:14 pm

According to the Radio-Locator maps WJR, CKLW, CFCO (Chatham), and CFPL (London) can all be heard during the daytime up around Owen Sound and area. During critical hours CHOK from Sarnia makes it Rochester, NY some there's no doubt that it makes it up there as well, although it might be weak during the middle of the day. The two strongest AM's during the day are likely to be 920 CKNX and 560 CFOS, although CFOS is extremely directional. I can remember how much the old WHND interfered with it in Goderich many years ago.

On FM there are more stations than what many people would expect. I checked FCCdata.org and even the Classical station in Collingwood serves that area. What was there before the Spring of 1977 when CKNX-FM began? All distant stations if you could get anything at all.

Deleted User 15840

Post by Deleted User 15840 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:33 pm

I’ve been enjoying the links available on this list.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:52 pm

Marcus wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:14 pm
According to the Radio-Locator maps WJR, CKLW, CFCO (Chatham), and CFPL (London) can all be heard during the daytime up around Owen Sound and area. During critical hours CHOK from Sarnia makes it Rochester, NY some there's no doubt that it makes it up there as well, although it might be weak during the middle of the day. The two strongest AM's during the day are likely to be 920 CKNX and 560 CFOS, although CFOS is extremely directional. I can remember how much the old WHND interfered with it in Goderich many years ago.

On FM there are more stations than what many people would expect. I checked FCCdata.org and even the Classical station in Collingwood serves that area. What was there before the Spring of 1977 when CKNX-FM began? All distant stations if you could get anything at all.
I lived up in that area until 1995 Yes, I listened to those out of the area AMs. I never listened to CFOS. It was awful. CKNX is all cowboy music. Back in the early 70s there was no FM in that area at all. When I left there in the 90s there were still only a few.

I drove up there last month and just about every little town along the way now has a radio station

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic