Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Onkyo 9090ll. Repair

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
hunterw

Onkyo 9090ll. Repair

Post by hunterw » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:07 pm

Finally was able to pull it out of storage and it powers up but does not perform well. Wondering if anyone knows of a repairman who still services old tuners. Also one of the antenna ports got pushed in a little and one of the audio connector lost one of it metal plates over it. Any help would be appreciated.

I’m up by Ludington/manistee area but willing to travel if needed to get it fixed.

moldyoldie

Re: Onkyo 9090ll. Repair

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:07 am

If you're so willing to travel, I can recommend Gibson's TV/ABL Electronics, in business since 1948 and now located on Dequindre in Madison Heights. They've been my "go to" place for my vintage '70s era component stereo equipment since forever. They did a nice refurbishing of my old Pioneer SX-1250 receiver for about $500, as well as replacing the woofers of my Infinity Monitor Junior loudspeakers. As this was several years ago, I'm sure pricing and component availability has since changed. I'd certainly call beforehand.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic