Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Anyone here go to RETS?

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
km1125

Anyone here go to RETS?

Post by km1125 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:12 pm

Just curious.

Thought it would be better posted here than the other forums. I just ran across some literature from years ago as I had forgotten all about that school. I did not go there, but had considered it and still had some of the documentation from years back.

Ben Zonia

Re: Anyone here go to RETS?

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:39 pm

I have a big three ring bound book of either RETS or CIE notes. I got it at an antique store. My father in law went there with a GI Bill benefit, but a GM job opened up, and he mainly did work for friends and his family. I have a bag of tubes, but they are mainly Color TV tubes.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:13 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:12 pm
Just curious.

Thought it would be better posted here than the other forums. I just ran across some literature from years ago as I had forgotten all about that school. I did not go there, but had considered it and still had some of the documentation from years back.
Wow. Way back Machine. Radio Electronics Television School. I'm guessing 1975 or so. Took a class on TV and radio repair. First we built a tube radio. Then we built a solid state radio. I'm assuming both were AM. Building and troubleshooting those two radios was about the first half of the course. Teacher would do something to make your radio not work. You had to fix it.

The second half of the course was fixing TV's. Most of them were brought in from home, family and friends, that sort of thing.

I also took a CB radio repair class there. The first class on CBs they taught. Although I lost it years ago, I seem to remember the book that came with that class was a heck of a good one about radio communications. We passed the class when we could go down and pass the FCC radiotelephone exam. I remember passing the exam. Don't remember if it was the first class license, or the general radiotelephone.

k8jd

Post by k8jd » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:38 pm

I worked with many RETS grads over the years. Iheard they had a good reputation
I actually moved to Chicago just after grad high school in 1963, and went to DeVry tech school there/ Got a job in a suburban radio station doing engr work after I finished school .
But got drafted by the Army at the end of 1965, and ended up back in Detroit, discharged after serving in Viet Nam for a year's tour ..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic