Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Radio tower locations

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
innate-in-you

Re: Radio tower locations

Post by innate-in-you » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:26 pm

WOHO wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:10 am
Still love the WJR Art Deco transmitter building, and the WSPD glass block transmitter building that was replicated at several other transmitter sites. Question, wasn't someone going to do something on Eight Mile Road and restore the WWJ transmitter building to its former glory as a restaurant?
Yes, someone did make a plan to change the transmitter building to a restaurant (To be known as "8MK", its callsign before they changed to three letters).

I read that the transmitter in the building may be tough to haul out of the shack, because it is actually below ground level.

I haven't heard anything more recently, and I can't say if this will fly, or remain a dream.

FWIW, I have my doubts that many diners will drive that far South to go there. Though if they build it, I'll give it a try.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:25 am

What's that really great sandwich shop that's within spitting distance of the tower off 8 Mile? He has people waiting an hour for a sub, but I'm sure he couldn't afford the overhead in "8MK"?

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:59 pm

WOHO wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:25 am
What's that really great sandwich shop that's within spitting distance of the tower off 8 Mile? He has people waiting an hour for a sub, but I'm sure he couldn't afford the overhead in "8MK"?
Ernie's Market on Capital?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic