Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WRTH Summer 2021 International schedule

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
SolarMax

WRTH Summer 2021 International schedule

Post by SolarMax » Tue May 11, 2021 10:44 am

WRTH (World Radio TV Handbook) have posted the Spring 2021 International Broadcasting and clandestine operations schedule and cross-reference. It is quite extensive,, with listings by country, by frequency, by classification, schedules and more. Free, but a donation link is provided.
This looks like a must-have for any SWL and DXer.

Main site:
WRTH.com

Download PDF from::
A21 Schedule Download page

Ben Zonia

Re: WRTH Summer 2021 International schedule

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue May 11, 2021 12:48 pm

I didn't know they were still publishing a soft cover book. Got my first copy in 1968 (1969 Edition) from the Allied Radio Catalog.

It was the first year that they published all US AM BC stations 1 kW and above Daytime (strangely enough radio station WRTH Wood River, IL is shown as 1/0.5, but it was actually 0.5/1, the first station the FCC allowed to increase power at Night, so it actually didn't meet the criteria for listing). Earlier editions just had AM BC stations 10 kW or more, so WJML was listed but WWJ was not.

I have always liked the facility designations like D1, D3, U1, U2, U3, and U4 for their concise definitions vs. the FCC designations.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue May 11, 2021 10:13 pm

Thanks for the info. I've been dragging my behind about putting up an antenna for the shortwave receiver I was sort of gifted.
(long story).
I think the newest WRTH book I have is about 10 years old. I'm about due. Like the ARRL Manual, that's about how often I buy a new one.

k8jd

Post by k8jd » Wed May 12, 2021 12:55 pm

It has been a while since I got a new WRTH, since the decline in the big national SWBC operators , it seemed to be a waste of money.
If I want info about AM/FM stations in the US and Canada, specific calls or cities, I can refer, on-line to the "radio station Locator" or the FCC databases. There is also a Canadian broadcasting data page I have used. Cavell & Mertz has a great site where you can type in a callsign and see staton info, including directionl anenna pattern and tower placement (my fav thing :D)
I have also found a great SWBC schedule page on-line where I can type a freq in and ID the station(s) using the frequency in real time.
Still listening :D

n8fnr

Post by n8fnr » Thu May 13, 2021 11:56 am

k8jd wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 12:55 pm
It has been a while since I got a new WRTH, since the decline in the big national SWBC operators , it seemed to be a waste of money.
If I want info about AM/FM stations in the US and Canada, specific calls or cities, I can refer, on-line to the "radio station Locator" or the FCC databases. There is also a Canadian broadcasting data page I have used. Cavell & Mertz has a great site where you can type in a callsign and see staton info, including directionl anenna pattern and tower placement (my fav thing :D)
I have also found a great SWBC schedule page on-line where I can type a freq in and ID the station(s) using the frequency in real time.
Still listening :D
What is the link to the Canadian broadcasting data page?

k8jd

Post by k8jd » Thu May 13, 2021 1:03 pm

Lost in my computer, will start looking, may report back here with the link next autumn. :shock:
OK, N8FNR I can send Morse with my bug a lot faster than I ever could type on a keyboard :D
Checked your QRZ page :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic