Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WWJ signal problems? (+ WJR audio distortion)

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
WOHO

Re: WWJ signal problems? (+ WJR audio distortion)

Post by WOHO » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:41 pm

WWJ is unusable in Toledo on night pattern, 1270 is useless until going up past Monroe, but that's always been bad. WJR is very decent, even CKLW seems to have less night fade, or I just have a better radio now?

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:34 pm

WXYT (AM) is quite weak everywhere south of its array near the I-275/I-75 interchange. They need to protect WONW 1280 in Defiance, OH, made more difficult because WXYT changed its TL nearly 70km, putting it closer to WONW.

At night, WONW drops to 500W into a DA, and their NIF is quite high.

At this time, WXYT's Southern lobe causes a great jump in signal strength in South MoCo.

I've heard Chalevoix's 27kW ND so strong shortly before sunset that one can barely tell WXYT is under it.

At the scheduled pattern change, WXYT immediately blows Charlevoix out of the water.

Many times

Rich F.

Post by Rich F. » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:01 am

RE: WXYT (AM) is quite weak everywhere south of its array near the I-275/I-75 interchange.

Below are plots showing the effective radiated power of WXYT based on their FCC pattern data.

k8jd

Post by k8jd » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:35 pm

CKLW 's 5 tower array is way down south of Windsor, between Amherstburg and Harrow.
A lot closer to Toledo than the big Detroit AM sites.

so sorry spoke too soon, CK is actually a few miles farther from Toledo, than WXYT and WWJ, ! Just a few !

k8jd

Post by k8jd » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:45 pm

Rich F, Where do you get the ERP graphic for the various antennas / ? do you hve a program that generates them, .
or a site that has them already plotted ?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic