Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A few receptions this morning 8-14

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
Mega Hertz

A few receptions this morning 8-14

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:11 pm

Surprisingly, I was able to pull a city-grade signal from Z93 last night, which is difficult being right down the street from WHMI. I left it on 93.3 and this morning was getting "The Bus" from Columbus, OH almost like a local. I have the day off from work and was out doing errands and decided to flip around. Must be a strong pull from the west as I was able to get 104.9 The Edge, 107.7 RKR, a fairly decent pull on Z92.7, i92.9 was coming in clear, 103.3 (I think it said KFR), and something was coming in on most frequencies. Not to mention there was serious interference on 89x, WCSX and Hot 1075. Lots of pulls from Kzoo/Battle Creek, Flint/Saginaw and numerous from Ohio, all in the Brighton area and more so on I-96/Mason Road in Howell. Very active morning!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Ed Joseph

Re: A few receptions this morning 8-14

Post by Ed Joseph » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:47 pm

There has been a stationary front over us the past couple days. That usually brings the tropo into play.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Mega Hertz

Re: A few receptions this morning 8-14

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:29 pm

It seems as though I can pull a decent amount of GR stations without even trying. It's exciting to me aa someone from the east side that only ever got Detroit stations, along with the typical 900 religious and CBC translators.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic