Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Most distant AM/FM/TV signal you ever tuned in?

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
Deleted User 3751

Re: Most distant AM/FM/TV signal you ever tuned in?

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:24 am

Once on the west side of Saginaw in the town of Sheilds I picked up what was known then as Y95 FM from Tampa FL. I heard Jimmy Hendrix's All Along the Watchtower, I thought to myself WVIC in Lansing on the same frequency must have changed their format, they don't play Hendrix. Well, when the jock came on and said " That's Jimmy on Y95 FM Tampa, I was blown away at the time. I believe I was picking them up on a sunspot, sunspot activity at the time was active so that is what I suspect. The station is now WWRM, it was WYNF back then.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:58 pm

RDS (when used) certainly helps ID FM DXing. Couldn't AM stations run a real low speed station ID using PM at at pilot frequency like the AMST 25Hz pilot tone frequency?

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:45 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:15 pm
I can’t seem to ever receive anything but static on 640, and I consider myself pretty well trained to listen for signals under the static. I feel like KFI is the gold standard for DXing in Metro Detroit. Once I can receive that, I’ll achieve my goal.

So my (rhetorical) question is, what am I doing wrong? Why can’t I get KFI? I’ve received 17 watt stations from Tennessee from Livonia on the transoceanics, but KFI still escapes me.
Because what were the clear channels, are now mostly cloudy😒

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic