Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Country 600 North Bay

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
Deleted User 14803

Country 600 North Bay

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:25 pm

Anyone pick up this station,Here in Macomb County I seem to receive this station quite frequently.

Arthur Mometer

Re: Country 600 North Bay

Post by Arthur Mometer » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:50 pm

It's CKAT 600 North Bay, ON. I think they may be on Day facilities when you hear them.

"I'm meteorologist Arthur Mometer."

"Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do."

"Lies have to be repeated and repeated to be believed. Truth stands on its own merit."

TomSanders

Post by TomSanders » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:15 pm

I hear it often after midnight in Lakeport MI (up by Port Huron).

Arthur Mometer

Post by Arthur Mometer » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:01 pm

If they are on Night Pattern, we shouldn't be hearing them a lot.

https://fccdata.org/?facid=&call=cfch&c ... atd=&lond=

"Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do."

"Lies have to be repeated and repeated to be believed. Truth stands on its own merit."

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:55 pm

I'm surprised that's still around. Most small town AMs in Canada have migrated to FM.

I'll be back in ontario, the end of this week. I'll check it out.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

Arthur Mometer

Post by Arthur Mometer » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:14 pm

It seems like the low end of the band Canadian AM stations are surviving, or high end of the band stations move to the vacated low end of the band frequencies. The CRTC should allow 1 AM and 3 FMs in a market in addition to allowing 2 AM and 2 FM. The surprising one is CBEF moving from 540 to 1550, even though it has more power and is Class A. And allow proposing FM replacement substitutes for vacated AM frequencies in treaty negotiations.

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:25 am

I heard "Country 600" about 30 minutes after my local sunset the other day, clobbering Urbano Noris, Cuba.
I'm assuming it's almost certainly North Bay. Would be new to me if it's them.

I'm guessing that either their pattern is out if whack, their clock was not reset for EST, or they loosened their pattern in those years that WSNL was Class D at the behest of WTVN's doomed upgrade, but I think I would have caught them earlier if they loosened their pattern back then.

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:26 am

I heard "Country 600" about 30 minutes after my local sunset the other day, clobbering Urbano Noris, Cuba.
I'm assuming it's almost certainly North Bay. Would be new to me if it's them.

I'm guessing that either their pattern is out if whack, their clock was not reset for EST, or they loosened their pattern in those years that WSNL was Class D at the behest of WTVN's doomed upgrade, but I think I would have caught them earlier if they loosened their pattern back then.

Arthur Mometer

Post by Arthur Mometer » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:52 am

When the WTVN CP expired as I recall, the new Class B Application was filed the next day. There was no time for CKAT to change it's pattern. I'd have to look at CDBS to verify the timeline. For sure, CKAT is not operating normally, as it comes in strong all the time now at Night. WMT has had problems with cell phone tower reradiation, and has been on STA one or more times.

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Country 600 loud and strong in Utica Mi right now.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:29 pm

London ON right now. I think I can hear cowboy music beneath a lot of other stuff. Mostly just hash.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:40 pm

I can also hear CKAT in Sarnia right now along with a couple of other stations

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic