Apologies for the temporary site outage from approximately 1PM ET on Monday, December 11 through the pre-dawn hours of Tuesday. The Buzzboard was targeted (yet again) by a hacker, this time from the Middle East. The site was able to be restored using a backup file from early Sunday morning.

More info on the attack can be found here:
https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=45907

Check out the Buzzboard's newest forum - the Buzzboard Marketplace.
Find it here: http://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=31

ISO old reel deck

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
Ed Joseph

ISO old reel deck

Post by Ed Joseph » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:21 am

Just wondered if anyone has an old 2 or 4 track deck with record amps they'd like carted off. I have a Revox PR99 repro deck but I don't think it's very easy, if possible at all, to add record to. I'm guessing there are many old reel machines being tripped over in back rooms, sheds, etc. Not something that gets used much in this digital era. Old turntables as well.

Edit: I'd be glad to clean up any old vinyl records that you want gone too.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

TC Talks

Re: ISO old reel deck

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:12 am

My Ampex 440B is now a side table.

(C) 2018 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

k8jd

Post by k8jd » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:40 pm

My oldest son has garbage picked many old reel to reel machines and repaired the broken ones and uses them in his audio stack at home.
He has incorperated everything from computer stored digital audio to 8 track and about 4 amplifiers and tuners and a dozen big speaker systems.
He was fascinated with the Sony reel to reel deck I brought home from my time in the Army & Viet Nam. went on to be a collector!

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:25 pm

I'm trying to find someone to repair my 50 pound Akai reel to reel as I don't have the time to screw with it- but it was the sweetest- bi-directional record, autoreverse, solenoid controls, but have a channel that goes beserk when switched to 3-3/4IPS instead of 7.5IPS.

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:29 am

I'm kinda in the same boat, WOHO. I lost all my analog tape tools and such back in the mid-90's I can take care of amps, processing and turntables, but not tape gear at the moment.

There's a place near Grand Rapids that will fix it... Misfitz Audio... https://www.misfitzaudio.com/pages/repair-services

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic