Apologies for the temporary site outage from approximately 1PM ET on Monday, December 11 through the pre-dawn hours of Tuesday. The Buzzboard was targeted (yet again) by a hacker, this time from the Middle East. The site was able to be restored using a backup file from early Sunday morning.

More info on the attack can be found here:
https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=45907

Check out the Buzzboard's newest forum - the Buzzboard Marketplace.
Find it here: http://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=31

If your locals were off for a night

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
Radiobingoking

Re: If your locals were off for a night

Post by Radiobingoking » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:05 am

Vic, I remember more than once listening to WWL more than once when hurricanes are in the northern gulf. In fact that is the only station I will listen to for continous updates.

John

If it aint country it aint music

rst599

Post by rst599 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:36 pm

Arthur Mometer wrote:Ever have a DJ that had a visceral dislike for engineers?
This is as often the engineer's fault as it is the talent's. Many on the talent side do hold engineers in high esteem, or at least respect them somewhat, because of what they can do. Others fear them for the same reason. When engineers take on an air of superiority or have a "stupid moron board op" attitude towards production and talent people, it's no wonder they can think poorly of technical personnel.

Relations are usually smooth if both types understand the needs and talents of the other and take on an attitude of working toward a common goal.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:53 pm

WEAW/WKTA 1330 and WEEF 1430 do indeed have 6 unpainted, unlighted towers, and not top loaded like the WEAW site across Dundee Rd. was. The two middle towers are shorter.

BTW, Wally Kennedy began his career at WEAW after having been a "Teenage Guest Disk Jockey" on WLS as I recall. His very next gig was at WTRX where he began the "Flint Feedback" show, which the late Dave Barber inherited when he left for WSB Atlanta.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic