Notice to all Buzzboard readers & posters: A requested server migration took place Saturday evening. Unfortunately, I did not re-point my DNS records to the new server until roughly 7:45p ET on Monday, November 12. As a result, any posts and new user registrations occurring between the nighttime hours of 11/10 and approximately 7:45p ET on Monday, 11/12 have been lost.

This was unavoidable, and the longer I waited to re-point to the new server, the greater the number of posts that would've been lost.

Please feel free to resubmit any threads / posts you created. They will NOT be lost this time! Many thanks for your patience these past couple of weeks while I've worked to migrate the Buzzboard to a more secure, more robust platform.

Check out the Buzzboard's newest forum - the Buzzboard Marketplace! Find it here: http://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=31

Sony Walkman

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
Turkeytop

Sony Walkman

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:21 pm

I have several Walkmans, but one of my favourite is the SRF-M37W. It is no longer in production, but today I was able to pick up a second one for $1 at a yard sale. Now I'll be able to keep one at home and the other here in Florida.

audiophile

Re: Sony Walkman

Post by audiophile » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:24 pm

Alright! You're then radio man!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:26 pm

Oops. I see it still is available new, online from Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?page=2& ... ductResult

RingtailedFox

Post by RingtailedFox » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:49 am

I have a couple of Sony walkmans.. i remember having a yellowish one frmo the early 1990s right up to... 2005-ish when it finally died. i loved it. was a good, rugged little thing that survived all the jogs and bike rides i took it on. :D

found an older mid-1980s walkman at a yardsale too... love all the silver finish on that one..

~ The Legendary Raccoon-Fox has spoken!

macgoldfan

Post by macgoldfan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:07 am

I still have mine, best little radio. I keep it in my emergency back pack.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:05 pm

I never had a Sony, but I did (and still do) have the following portable radio/cassette from AIWA:

The radio sucked as far as reception goes, but the sound quality was quite good. I still have it in storage and I believe it still works.

k8jd

Post by k8jd » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:33 pm

I had a few of similar tiny Radio/casette players. They worked fairly well on FM , used the earfone cord as an antenna, but miserable on AM with no room for much ferrite loopstick inside, maybe could get 5 or 6 local stations.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic