Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

SXM Deep Tracks Moved to Ch. 308

A place to discuss programming, content sources & aggregator web sites, hardware, and all things related to emerging audio programming distribution technologies.
moldyoldie

SXM Deep Tracks Moved to Ch. 308

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:20 am

I drive a 2016 Ford Escape with standard inboard SXM receiver. I listened to Deep Tracks on Ch. 27(?) 90-95% of the time. They recently moved Deep Tracks to Ch. 308, but I'm not able to tune above two digits to get to Ch. 308. It's also no longer listed in the drop-down menu for rock. Needless to say, I'm pissed! :evil:

In a long shot, does anyone know of a fix or hack? At least I can still listen on my PC.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: SXM Deep Tracks Moved to Ch. 308

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:56 pm

They made a mistake demoting that channel to the 300s, in my opinion.

"The Bridge" should've been the channel receiving demotion, or better yet, Radio Margaritaville should've been demoted.

Does your car have Android Auto or Apple Car Play? What version of Ford Sync do you have? Finally, do you have room on whatever cell phone data plan you are using to accommodate frequent streaming audio use?

The answers to the above questions will influence my recommended course of action. In the meantime, all I can suggest is channel 21 (Underground Garage) and channel 26 (Classic Vinyl) as potential substitutes.

In a 2016 vehicle, you definitely should be able to tune into the triple digits. That's where nearly all the talk and sports channels are located. I was able to do so with my 2016 Edge. Granted, you will not be able to receive most of the music channels in the 300s, if any.

There are plenty of upset subscribers:
https://www.facebook.com/siriusxmdeeptracks
https://www.siriusxm.com/channels/deep- ... sSchedules
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:31 pm

While I agree that we could lose one of the Goddamn Grateful Dead/Pearl Jam/Phish channels, what draw is Deep Tracks much anymore? Every time I tune in, it's either obscure Bob Dylan or Neil Young stuff. The older stuff keeps getting moved further up the dial. Pretty soon the 70s channel will be up in the 300s.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:40 pm

Worst channel in the history of Sirius XM:
Pitbull's Globalization. :barf

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:50 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:40 pm
Worst channel in the history of Sirius XM:
Pitbull's Globalization. :barf
Of course THAT one gets, what...channel 13?

I'm usually up in the 300s anyway for Faction Punk and the RHCP channel. Deep Tracks is mostly too obscure for me. Then again, some channels like The Bridge and Classic Rewind play some songs that would make the programmers at CSX and Wheels have an aneurysm.
-TurkeyTop

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:36 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:56 pm
There are plenty of upset subscribers:
https://www.facebook.com/siriusxmdeeptracks
https://www.siriusxm.com/channels/deep- ... sSchedules
Thanks for the Facebook link, Mr. Metalhead! It was heartening to read the plethora of heated complaints. A few of the complainers wrote that a rep told them the move to Ch. 308 was temporary to make room for holiday focused channels. I don't believe it, but it does give one hope, I suppose. :?

As far as your other inquiries, I'm not familiar with CarPlay or Android Auto, but can I assume it has to do with cell phone service? I do have an unlimited plan through Xfinity/Comcast, but I'm really not interested in syncing my phone to the car radio. Thanks. And you're right, I can tune to three digits, but not when the first digit is 3.

SXM did the same shit with The Loft a few years ago, my other favorite channel. :evil: I sometimes switch to The Spectrum or SiriusXMU for newer stuff, or First Wave if I'm in an '80s mood.
Mega Hertz wrote:...what draw is Deep Tracks much anymore? Every time I tune in, it's either obscure Bob Dylan or Neil Young stuff.
Well, it's the obscure stuff that's the big draw for listeners! And it's much, much more than Dylan and Neil Young! I liked Deep Tracks' slogan -- something like "We don't play the hits, we play careers!"
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:40 pm

I don't expect Radio Margaritaville to be demoted. Even with Buffett's passing, I expect his estate will keep it going, and SXM loves putting artist-focused channels on the regular receivers.

I like the Bridge but the playlist is fairly stale. It hasn't had a big change in at least 10 years, and compared to Margaritaville, it's an automated jukebox whereas Margaritaville has live and guest DJ'S and I believe also takes requests from listeners.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:10 pm

I heard Higher Love on the Bridge earlier. I'm cool with the Steve Winwood songs they play.

Noticed the Kelly Clarkson channel on 12 and a John Mayer "Life" channel on 14 (14 seems to be a monthly feature channel). And then moved FLY from 47 down to 50. Yeesh.
-TurkeyTop

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:40 am

I've been listening to Deep Tracks on 308 on my desktop computer and notice a definite improvement in sound quality from previously on 27. Do the 300 channels possess an increase in bandwidth or anything else to account for this?
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:56 am

The digital streaming channels have had superior audio quality to those beamed from the satellites for a number of years.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:56 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:40 am
I've been listening to Deep Tracks on 308 on my desktop computer and notice a definite improvement in sound quality from previously on 27. Do the 300 channels possess an increase in bandwidth or anything else to account for this?
They're feeding an IP stream, not squeezing frequency and level-compressed stuff through limited-bandwidth satellite transponders.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:06 pm

Thank you for the responses, that makes perfect sense.
- Sydney J. Harris

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:31 am

I just read on that FB page that Deep Tracks is moving to Ch. 107 as well as on 308 starting Monday! :D Apparently public pressure worked. I just hope it's not one of those temporary things they often do.
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:21 pm

Excellent!!!

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:22 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:21 pm
Excellent!!!
Now they're saying it's tomorrow, Tuesday. Whatever. :smokin
- Sydney J. Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic