Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why are Tegna streams off nightly?

A place to discuss programming, content sources & aggregator web sites, hardware, and all things related to emerging audio programming distribution technologies.
Deleted User 15062

Why are Tegna streams off nightly?

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:09 am

Was catching up on news from around the country, when I noticed that WTOL's stream was down on Roku.

Victoria thinks it was my WTOL app. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it. Same issue. Works during the day, but not overnight.

I then checked WBNS in Columbus. Down. KHOU in Houston. Down. KING 5- Seattle. Down. Channel 8 in San Diego. Down. WUSA in DC. Down.

I texted a short video to WTOL's newsline number, as they say one can do. No response. I then got ahold of IT help desk at Tegna. No help.

With other companies staying on loop, showing news and talk shows 24 hrs a day, why would Tegna shut the pushing servers down? Makes no sense! Any ideas?

thatonedude

Re: Why are Tegna streams off nightly?

Post by thatonedude » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:43 am

It's 3am on a weekend. They probably have nobody awake to monitor it...which would make zero sense, but alas.

take this job and shove it

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:09 pm

That could be true... but this is a nightly occurrence on all of the Tegna news channels, without exception.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:17 am

Since the locals (Toledo [WTOL], Columbus, OH [WBNS], Cleveland [WKYC], San Diego [NBC 8] and Seattle [KING] did not want to deal with this, I called Tegna and got results and answers. They also saw my social media posts, displaying the problem. Tegna had a bug in an app developed for Roku, which they were not aware of. Tegna Digital Manager says an update is coming on November 30th.

I'm not one to let things go. I also ask THE RIGHT questions, which is why scammers on dating sites tend to block me. Can't say this of any of the media outlets- local or national.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic