Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How many have dropped Sirius/XM during the pandemic?

A place to discuss programming, content sources & aggregator web sites, hardware, and all things related to emerging audio programming distribution technologies.
MotorCityRadioFreak

How many have dropped Sirius/XM during the pandemic?

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:28 am

I dropped Sirius/XM in January before everything came down to budget better. I notice they still call me at least once a month. They have to be hurting with so many driving much less. Curious to know how many have dropped them.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

SolarMax

Re: How many have dropped Sirius/XM during the pandemic?

Post by SolarMax » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:05 am

As soon as I say," I want to cancel", they are suddenly able to offer me a "promotional" rate, which I turn down. They then come up with an even better deal, which I turn down. Then (after putting me on hold so they allegedly can see if there's anything more they can do), they miraculously have in their bag an even even even better deal, which is actually pretty decent. I let them have their retention "victory" and re-up, knowing I and most others will have to play this silly game every year (or 6 months for some "deals").

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:57 pm

I do the same, but I just couldn't justify any expense when I am in the car such little time these days. Maybe I will hop back on down the line.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:34 pm

The area where I live is a wasteland for broadcast radio, so I listen to SXM almost exclusively, whenever I'm in the car. I also have a receiver in the house I use a lot.

But I might try that cancellation threat. It worked for OnStar.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:06 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:34 pm
But I might try that cancellation threat. It worked for OnStar.
This is applicable to just about every "automatic renewal" site or service. Always intercept their customer service site before the auto renewal date and make cancellation noises. They are fearful of losing customers, especially those whose New Customer enrollments are dropping or stagnant.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:51 pm

They did the automatic renewal on me for $14.99 a month on one of my vehicles (I had prior notice but forgot about it). I contacted them and they automatically lowered it to $9.99 a month. I asked for their $4.99 a month special they were running on their website. They told me that was for the SXM Select package, not the All Access package I had. I asked them what the difference was. They said no Howard Stern (so what - stopped listening to him a while ago), no NASCAR or NFL (who cares - I hate NASCAR and only put the Lions on when bored) and no custom made stations on their on line app. I’m now paying $4.99 a month each on both vehicles and ended up getting a credit

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:58 am

I decided to take them up on their all access offer for 12 months of the all access package at $5 per month, billed up front. It was $72 including the loyalty fees. They told me I could also stream through my Fire stick.

Unlike others, I like Howard a lot more now that the zoo crew got let go. I also enjoy RawDog comedy, Opie from Anthony and Opie, and Ron Bennington from Ron and Fez.

I will go to the Select package after the 12 months.

And yes, 89X and the River going bye bye did influence this decision.

Audacity sucks.

Realist

Post by Realist » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:29 am

Opie has been gone from SXM for about 3 years. I deleted the channel he was on after he got fired so I’m not even sure if Ron is still there

G G

Post by G G » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:59 am

Once I got SXM in our last car I never looked back.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:55 pm

I tried listening to FM radio while working on Monday. I lasted 90 minutes before I couldn't take it anymore. I was struggling mightily once I reached 60 minutes. Jade Springhart on WRIF is arguably the most untalented personality to ever grace that storied stations airwaves on a weekday airshift. She is fucking brutal. Alt 98.7 with its mediocre playlist and horrendous audio chain was pretty miserable, too.

There is virtually zero chance of me cancelling Sirius XM...ever.

By the way, as mismanaged commercial AM/FM radio outfits see their ad dollars fly away during the pandemic, Sirius XM continues to gain subscribers and report decent net profits. I believe their net income in Q3 of 2020 was around $237 million. They have withstood the pandemic surprisingly well.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:05 pm

I technically don't have a SiriusXM subscription, but Dish Network has a contract to air their stations, so I listen there. I wish I had an actual subscription though. Terrestrial music radio lacks variety, and SiriusXM has so much variety, both music and anything else.

westside

Post by westside » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:16 pm

Was an XM customer for years, almost always paying about five bucks a month for a five month deal. A couple of years ago, I got tired of calling so often so I asked about a year-long deal. Got that for the same monthly price. This fall, we loaned my car to a family member for a few months, so I actually did cancel. I get one year $60 deals in the email several times a week. I'll take them up on that when I get the car back.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:01 pm

I love Sirius/XM, the main reason I have it, the 70's on 7, Casey Kasem's "American Top 40" shows, great memories for me...

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:24 pm

I’ve had XM since 2003. Just drove down to Florida last weekend. Turned SXM off at one point Sunday morning before getting back on I-75 in Chattanooga and even my wife asked me why I turned it off. Will NEVER get rid of XM as I can’t stand commercials anymore and love the variety of stations and format types

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic